PDA

View Full Version : UT3 MotionBlurPC

MonsOlympus
20th Feb 2008, 02:46 PM
Name: MotionBlurPC
Version: v0.1
Compatibility: Well I tested and compiled with v1.2b1 but it should work with any version.

Description: Adds motion blur to the PC version of UT3 just like the PS3 version has.

Screenshot:
Thanks to 3Deeing over on UTforums for this pic :D
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a123/OlympusMons/Newtator/moblur3.jpg
Credits: MonsOlympus, ambershee (for the guidance ;)) and Epic Games.

Homepage: www.uc2004.com
Download:MotionBlurPC v0.1 (http://www.uc2004.com/MotionBlurPC.rar)

Notes:
If it doesnt work first thing I think you should check is in the UTEngine.ini in your my documents\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Config

[SystemSettings]
MotionBlur=True

Source:
Here's the source for all interested, it might not be pretty but it works :)

//===================================================
// Class: UTMutator_MotionBlurPC
// Creation date: 13/02/2008 21:13
// Contributors: OlympusMons(/d!b\)
//===================================================
class UTMutator_MotionBlurPC extends UTMutator;

function PostBeginPlay()
{
SetTimer(1.0, false, 'EffectTimer');
}

function EffectTimer()
{
local UTPlayerController PC;
local LocalPlayer LocPlayer;
local PostProcessEffect MB;

ForEach LocalPlayerControllers(class'UTPlayerController', PC)
{
LocPlayer=LocalPlayer(PC.Player);
if(LocPlayer!=None)
{
MB = LocPlayer.PlayerPostProcess.FindPostProcessEffect('MotionBlur');
if(MB!=None)
{
MB.bShowInGame = true;
}
}
}
}

Phopojijo
20th Feb 2008, 02:53 PM
Cool... nice work Mons.

Jonathan
20th Feb 2008, 03:03 PM
As said on Epic's forums, thanks so much. :)

sWs»Cheapshot
20th Feb 2008, 05:04 PM
Not to sound like I'm being a smartazz, but why would you want that?

Jonathan
20th Feb 2008, 05:11 PM

Play a game with it (Crysis, Perfect Dark, Trackmania, or just about any newer game and you'll see why).

Noobnugget
20th Feb 2008, 05:12 PM
Exactly what i was wondering. Why would you want to add something like that to this game?

MonsOlympus
20th Feb 2008, 05:24 PM

Well some people might be making mods which step outside of UT3, which is one of the reasons I provided the source. As I said over at UTforums Im not a huge fan of motionblur but some people requested it, so I made it. It also shows that the PC can do this just like the PS3 version for anyone who was wondering.

If you could turn it on online I think you would find yourself at a disadvantage to those who turn it off, then again there are other options which can make just as much difference which arnt hacked out of the game on PC.

I guess it just comes down to people playing how they enjoy the game and some might like it with this effect on.

pinnacle
20th Feb 2008, 05:47 PM
I like the way this looks. I'm glad someone finally figured out how to get motion blur on the pc!!

sWs»Cheapshot
20th Feb 2008, 10:05 PM
Well I do play Crysis once a "whenever" and I tried trackmania, but no wheel so I dumped it. But as Mons pointed out... it would seem more of a hinderence to a skilled player... someone who is willing to cut resolution for playability or whatever.

I dig it though... Mods are fun to mess around with, but after many a download myself of the eyecandy and such I just stick with the minimum.

zynthetic
20th Feb 2008, 10:15 PM
Play a game with it (Crysis, Perfect Dark, Trackmania, or just about any newer game and you'll see why).
Or GoW.

Jonathan
20th Feb 2008, 10:20 PM
Or GoW.

Oops, I didn't mention the most obvious one, I knew I was forgetting something. :lol:

Jonathan
20th Feb 2008, 10:22 PM
Well I do play Crysis once a "whenever" and I tried trackmania, but no wheel so I dumped it. But as Mons pointed out... it would seem more of a hinderence to a skilled player... someone who is willing to cut resolution for playability or whatever.

I dig it though... Mods are fun to mess around with, but after many a download myself of the eyecandy and such I just stick with the minimum.

I just casually play UT3 and any other game I play. ;)

Bazzwano
21st Feb 2008, 03:52 PM
hows this look when your in a vehicle? I just might get this.. should be kool.. to make it look faster

Jonathan
21st Feb 2008, 03:56 PM
:)
Here's some GIF examples while playing on Marketplace and Carbon Fiber, not sure how much you can tell though. ;)
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg239/techrelated/UT3motionblur.gif
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg239/techrelated/UT32008-02-2100-38-48-15-new.gif

Firefly
21st Feb 2008, 04:29 PM
If its half as good as crysis' motion blur it'll be good. I'll try it later tonight

Jonathan
21st Feb 2008, 04:43 PM
Don't worry, it's very good. :)

Bazzwano
21st Feb 2008, 06:27 PM
that does look good, looks great, will DL when i get home..

Jonathan
21st Feb 2008, 07:08 PM
I posted an HD 1280x720 video of UT3 playing with the motion blur mutator added.
http://files.filefront.com/UT3+on+PC+with+Motion+Blur/;9678796;/fileinfo.html

MonsOlympus is, of course, credited for his work in both the video and file description. If you just watch the video at Filefront, it will not be high-def, but if you download it (only about 33mb), it will be.

Since I was recording via software while playing, the framerate is worse than it usually is. Most of the time at 1680x1050 is 75-85fps, or at 1280x720 (which I was using to record), it is around 100-120fps until you start recording, then it goes between 35-60fps.
:)

Bazzwano
22nd Feb 2008, 01:52 PM
this is really kool, im never going to play a game without it.. I was however disapointed it only appers to be affected when the player turns as aposed to moving quickly.. still kool

Jonathan
22nd Feb 2008, 01:53 PM
It does appear on the weapon, and the effect can be increased. :) The two options in motion blur (general speaking, not 100% sure the proper names in UE3 are) are shudder speed and then another name which I forgot. :p

Bazzwano
22nd Feb 2008, 04:13 PM
It does appear on the weapon, and the effect can be increased. :) The two options in motion blur (general speaking, not 100% sure the proper names in UE3 are) are shudder speed and then another name which I forgot. :p I downloaded this one from the direct link but mine does not have any options...

Jonathan
22nd Feb 2008, 05:41 PM
There aren't any right now. MonsOlympus mentioned he may add some options later. :)

MonsOlympus
22nd Feb 2008, 06:04 PM
Yeah there isnt a great deal in terms of options anyways, basically you got the rate of turning in which the blur kicks in and the strength. Oh I should mention Im having to work on this one in moderation as it does make me alittle sick after a few too many tests :lol:

Jonathan
22nd Feb 2008, 06:09 PM
LOL. Just keep a trash can nearby. :D

Masakari
10th Mar 2008, 05:46 AM
Nice work Mons!

bignick0193
11th Mar 2008, 06:54 PM
Can I delete ant mod anytime I want to or does it stay there forever? I would like to try some maps but don't kknow if I can delete them. Yes I'm new to pc gaming as you ccan tell

toniglandyl
12th Mar 2008, 11:59 AM
yes, you just have to delete them from the folder where you installed them.
I tend to keep stuff on my PC though, (and end up with a 30Gb UT2004 folder :( )

UBerserker
12th Mar 2008, 02:18 PM
I tried it and works flawlessy. It's nothing like the one in GOW which harmed my eyes for a while.