PDA

View Full Version : The number of threads here says a lot about the game

tgm79
18th Feb 2008, 09:51 PM
And not any of it is good. I hadn't seen such a crappy game since...Unreal Tournament 3.:lol:

hal
18th Feb 2008, 10:52 PM
Go away.

ShredPrince
18th Feb 2008, 11:50 PM
Your an idiot, play the game before you open your slit.

Anuban
19th Feb 2008, 05:08 PM
Wait a minute ... there is definitely some merit in what the OP says ... I mean it is sad that a game that is soooo good on the 360 is not even getting talked about hardly on the PC ... I never see any sales figures for it or anything. And if you hit the official threads it is like stumbling into a war ... now the game is not bad and actually in many ways seems more stable that UT3 but it has some really bad bugs ... anyway I just wanted to say I think it is telling ... the game is definitely not as popular and it seems no one around here is even talking about it. Strange when sooo many folks skipped the 360 version and were all excited about this. For the game not to have one full page of topics on this site does make it seem like the game is a poor one indeed. As for me I have very little problems running the game. The stuttering is not too severe and the only major issues I ran into was that it crashes if you use a trainer but so do a lot of games and also the saves being mysteriously deleted. Other than those things for me it is a good game on the PC. I still like the smoothness of the 360 better but the PC version has not been too bad for me.

Fuzzle
19th Feb 2008, 11:58 PM
GoW is primarily a console game. People who play console games do not automatically even use a PC as much as pc gamers.

GoW is a singleplayer game. People who play singleplayer games are not as likely to join online communities. Likewise, only a minority play a singleplayer game after they've finished it which gives it a life span of about a week.

This is an unreal forum. The only thing GoW has to do with unreal is it's engine and developers, something the average GoW player hardly cares enough about to join an unreal fan-forum to discuss.

Anuban
20th Feb 2008, 12:03 AM
This is not an unreal forum ... where did you get that ideal ... this forum is about Epic and the Unreal Engine and its related games not just about Unreal and Unreal Tournament. This has been stated many times. Why do you think a Gears section even exists? And Gears is most popular as on XBL game not just a single player game. Maybe you should check your facts before you post what is essentially a worthless post.

hal
20th Feb 2008, 11:59 PM
Well, a big part of why it doesn't have more than a full page is that our forum lost a year + worth of posts.

Facts checked!

MonsOlympus
21st Feb 2008, 01:19 AM
Actually a year would still bring it up to after Gears was released on the 360, I remember a heap of people browsing the utforums at the time though. I also remember the huge complaints before any of the patches :p

ShredPrince
21st Feb 2008, 10:17 AM
They lost massive threads. The proofs in the pudding, like hella threads are gone that I particpated in myself...well not hella threads, but a few:p