EXU2: Bat**** Insane second demo released.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
http://www.unrealsp.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=243

It's all here.

This is the second demo of EXU2. Compared to the first one, this has 10 maps, new weapons and various changes from the maps you have played in the first demo.

It's amazing and chaotic, it kills your brain and heat up your rig. It's also hard, but I am walking through it in Unreal difficulty :) (k, I'm a pro at Unreal SP stuff).

It also comes with a MonsterSpawn INI containing EXU monsters if you want to fight them in MP games. Mutators with EXU weapons and tools are present as well.

You should get this in my opinion. There's a problem for those who are using FMOD -- Galaxy is the best bet here, you won't get any sound problems that force you to turn the SFX volume to zero.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
If you have already the last version of Oldskool, then just get the first, second and fourth file.

The latter thing is for those who want to fight the EXU monsters in DM/DOM/CTF/ETC... games. It uses MonsterSpawn, made by Asgard.

Exus Tecius

like diamonds in the sky
Sep 24, 2003
Visit site
i wonder if this is playable in coop?
if yes would any bufer run a server one night so we can play that online?
neo can you ask 3 about adding it on coop-portal?

sHADOWcOBRA

Feb 17, 2008
chaotic indeed and not a bad job, even tho there are things i do and don't like about this mod. the new monsters are just the common unreal pawns with new (horribly bad) skins and different projectiles, so i won't use them in my monsterspawn. the weaponmodels are from unreal and ut 99 as well, which is a downside, while some of the weaponeffects are really cool, except for the hyper flakk which is just overall awful (rumors that some players died just because they had to stand it's look and the fact that the projectiles are the same as the upgraded dispenser pistol from unreal are not true tho). the ****gun might be a great gain for people who're stuck in their anal phase or just have a crappy sense of humor, so i won't be too harsh with it (plus the secondary fire is pretty funny, considering the fact ... well, try it yourself). plasma, freezer and hellgun (which is featured in my new custom weapons thread) are great fun and the weapon that uses the plasma gun model from ut 99 is a must-have on star wars maps. one thumb up for this crazy and twisted mod.

Last edited:

War_Master

May 27, 2005
I was going to start the second map when my UT crashed due to a MipMap error. It looks like the textures in the .utx package were imported without mipmaps and is probably bigger than 256x256 which causes d3dsupport to crash. I was liking the idea of this mod but since I cant play it on d3d im not too happy about it anymore. Besides, I really hate using GLSupport to play UT because in my machine it looks awfully dark and it lags a lot.

Also, for some reason the mp3 music is not working for me. I added them in a separate folder to uninstall easily and added the proper paths for it.

Paths=../Music/EXUMusic/*.umx
Paths=../Music/EXUMusic/*.mp3

I can hear the .umx music working but not the .mp3 ones. Any way to fix this?

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Erosion said:
It's amazing and chaotic, it kills your brain and heat up your rig. It's also hard, but I am walking through it in Unreal difficulty (k, I'm a pro at Unreal SP stuff).

I assume this must easily translate to coop ;-) Join us on 3's server whenever you feel like it.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
I assume this must easily translate to coop ;-) Join us on 3's server whenever you feel like it.

I don't think it will happen. I have abandoned UT's online gaming for ages now :(

Maybe I can do an exception, though.

War_Master

May 27, 2005
I had to edit the 2 texture files to play this using d3d support. There was 1, 512x512 size texture with no Mipmaps in EXU2EvilizedTexes.utx and 16, 512x512 size non-mipmapped textures in EXU-Textures.u.

At the moment I'm at the second map and I havent yet seen the effect that those textures were made for, but if somebody using d3d wants the fixed ones, just PM me and I can send it to you.

Last edited:

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
I don't think it will happen. I have abandoned UT's online gaming for ages now :(

Maybe I can do an exception, though.

Hey it's ok, no pressure :)

Seems you really love Unreal, and it's always great having such people around.

I think the most played mappacks are Skaarjtower, UTLNP and Zephon.