PDA

View Full Version : UT3 WIP First Proper Map

Hunter
18th Feb 2008, 06:12 AM
After my first map release for UT2004 (DM-DerelictMoon) which was a huge hit I'm now working on a conversion for UT bringing it to UT3, due to not being able to copy over brushes I'm building from scratch this is what I have so far. Can you guess what is it?

osirisrt
18th Feb 2008, 10:53 AM
why not use the converter tool that can convert older maps into ut3 ?

T2A`
18th Feb 2008, 11:13 AM
After my first map release for UT2004 (DM-DerelictMoon) which was a huge hit...14 downloads is a huge hit nowadays (http://download.beyondunreal.com/fileworks.php/buf/dm-derelictmoon.zip)? :-)

sWs»Cheapshot
18th Feb 2008, 04:37 PM
Yes... I just played that map the other day in 2K4... the server was so mutated I almost didn't know how to play the game :s anyways... I forgot the name but the map is a winner.

Don't go so basic though... I mean oldschool is cool and all but I would say cut back on the CSG a little and use some meshes to liven things up.

nELsOn
19th Feb 2008, 01:02 PM
why not use the converter tool that can convert older maps into ut3 ?

did you actually get that thing to work? all it ever gives me is some funny error message about how the t3d file could not be read and/or processed :(

osirisrt
19th Feb 2008, 01:32 PM
Yeah worked fine for me. got all bsp and lights imported into ut3, of an old map i made years ago. I know someone else that has used it and worked also.

Hunter
19th Feb 2008, 04:20 PM
because I want to learn how to map properly not just copy and paste.

14 downloads is massive for my first ever map! Here I come Epic.

osirisrt
19th Feb 2008, 06:10 PM
well yeah but you said you doing it from scratch because you couldnt copy paste. but well, ok lol. good luck ! i wouldnt wanna do it that way when i could convert it in a tic. :D

soto
19th Feb 2008, 06:32 PM
The person running our community www.ut3x.com created the converter tool, if your talking about the one he made of course :lol:. Ask for help their.

evilmrfrank
19th Feb 2008, 06:59 PM
14 downloads is a huge hit nowadays (http://download.beyondunreal.com/fileworks.php/buf/dm-derelictmoon.zip)? :-)

You have to remember that that number is also wrong due to the 2006 BU crash thing :P

T2A`
19th Feb 2008, 07:20 PM
Newp! :-)

http://download.beyondunreal.com/fileworks.php/insite/ut2004/dm/dm-crampage.zip

That's my first map and it's still over 1,000 downloads as it has been for a long, long time.

osirisrt
20th Feb 2008, 04:33 AM
yeah but that files been there since 2004 and from what i gather its only stuff since 2006 thats been lost ?

14 downloads isnt a big hit sadly.

i got nearly 700 downloads for a map i made back then, and i feel dissapointed by that :D lol

nELsOn
20th Feb 2008, 04:54 AM
Yeah worked fine for me. got all bsp and lights imported into ut3, of an old map i made years ago. I know someone else that has used it and worked also.

hmm... i still can't get it to run. always gives me an error saying UCC.exe couldn't etract to .t3d. 'Failed to find object Class Any.batchexport'
any idea what could solve this?

osirisrt
20th Feb 2008, 08:01 AM
Not really sure what could solve that. I only tried the utility once a few weeks ago and it worked fine. I have a friend thats used it too to convert an old map of his also. Maybe try the link given above relating to the guy that made the tool. someone might be able to help you there maybe.