ut2004 Skins in UT

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

K

i bite
Jul 29, 2004
Magrathea
Those look fantastic. Will that 04 map in the video be part of the pack? I love that someone has brought that map to 99. :)

Or has it been out a while now?

FieldMedic

Less good UT Player ever
Aug 30, 2001
After testing it with few bots it was interesting to see most of them having a correct size this time instead of the way too small player model size they were in UT2004. Having some team colors available is a nice touch.

I noticed that the weapon in their hand was totally black, like if it lost its textures. to check again, i mixed them with normal UT model, and they always had black weapons while the regular models had correct textures on them.
Does not happen in 1st person view.

Anyways, good job at this conversion, some animations problem can be noticed sometime, but overall it fits very well.

K

i bite
Jul 29, 2004
Magrathea
What ? There are no texture files! You are awesome. :2thumb:
The server admins thank you.
wait. . . Has anyone tested it multiplyr?

Last edited:

BlackCheetah

Jan 22, 2008
I do this for all you guys :)
I try to find the things people like to convert the most. next thing is going to be weapons :)

unreal://82.6.94.221:7777 test skins here.

Last edited:

RoninMastaFX

Unreal/UT Vet from Day 1
Alright, BC said I can work on fixing up on the characters, since he has lost interest for the 2k4 characters. He has given me the source code, and I'll be fixing up a few issues here and there, and implementing some new stuff. :)

In my build, I'm add green and gold skins to the models,.

Bw, in my release, there won't be any new characters. Just the 12 that BlackCheetah made. :)

Last edited:

Exus Tecius

like diamonds in the sky
Sep 24, 2003
Visit site
1. i am very happy some other talented bufer finally supports BC.
2. nice to see you on this ut1 board beeing helpfull and creative ronin.

go for it.the improved skinpack will be a major new toy for us all.

Last edited:

RoninMastaFX

Unreal/UT Vet from Day 1
I love Ronin, he completes me.

I hounded you in the beginnign to add green/gold skins for CTF4/CTFM palyer (and yes, I am BOTH a CTF4/CTFM player, and I prefer suign teh green skins in DeathMatch, so yeah) :p

But I was at one point thinking of renaming the .u package to 2k4chars.u, but I am still questionign if I should, due to file Mismatches. :hmm:

What you think (xtc) and BC? :confused:

sHADOWcOBRA

Feb 17, 2008
good job, bc! didn't expect this to happen. i tried em already and they work pretty good in the game. some minor bugs, but still very impressive, especially for someone so young.