UE3 - UT3 static mesh collision

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

indy900

[mXc]indy
Apr 8, 2006
www.mxcclan.com
Very new to mapping, so bear with me, but so far my level consists of terrain, a jump pad, and a tree mesh scaled up 8x. I want to be able to jump into the tree top, but I just go through the tree. how do I fix this?.

Waylon

Feb 3, 2008
www.waylon-art.com
Did you make the tree yourself, or is it an Unreal tree?

If it's just a one-off, you can create a blocking volume that roughly fits the space of the tree, and the player will be able to land on that.

indy900

[mXc]indy
Apr 8, 2006
www.mxcclan.com
it's an unreal tree. I thought of the blocking volume thing, but I want the player to be able to run around the branches and I don't want to spend days extruding. It's kind of a forest map, so there will be quite a bit of these. I was hoping there was just an option I overlooked.

Cryosis

Jan 19, 2008
you probably don't have an option besides creating the blocking volume... If most of your trees are the same and are going to be the same size you could create a prefab of each, that way when you create a copy it has your custom blocking volume already attached to it.

|*BILLY$CLINT*|

I make things happen!
Jan 25, 2008
The Moon
If this is for Unreal ed 3.0 you can use the auto collision convex to make collision that would fit your mesh 'almost' perfectly. Be sure to save offten as sometimes this will crash the editor.