UT3 [BETA]VCTF-Satelite

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
[SCREENSHOT]http://aycu18.webshots.com/image/42897/2003303722609224974_rs.jpg[/SCREENSHOT][SCREENSHOT]http://aycu09.webshots.com/image/43368/2003395888770255810_rs.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]
[SCREENSHOT]http://aycu13.webshots.com/image/44092/2003373517752785662_rs.jpg[/SCREENSHOT][SCREENSHOT]http://aycu06.webshots.com/image/41685/2003305736335285889_rs.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

Maybe-Future gameplay plans for the map:

• Removing the enforcer from start inventory? (But then the IH would get removed too)
  • Adding a SniperRifle/Stinger somewhere?
  • Adding an arch over the turret rail to prevent turrets shooting at each other?

Download - FileFront
Kantham.com

C:\Documents and Settings\*User*\My docs\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC\CustomMaps
NOTE: If the directory doesn't exist, you'll have to create it manually.

Last edited:

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
Why would you want to remove the enforcer from people's inventory on a map specific basis?

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Few things that came to mind in the five minutes I spent in the map...

• Satellite has two Ls.
  • Stationary satellites orbit at ~22,300 miles above the surface of the earth.
  • Given the height at which the terrain texture is supposed to portray the satellite, the buildings in the background just cannot be that big. That's would make them several miles tall. :(
  • I'm pretty sure from such a height the ground would appear mostly flat, and you would probably see a slight curve of the earth at the horizon.
  • It'd be nice if there were some weapons outside of the base.
  • Spawning facing the manta annoyed me.
  • With an avril in four of the six weapon lockers, there's no chance of the turrets staying alive for more than 15 seconds. The same could probably be said of the mantas as well.
  • The sniper could do well in the center, allowing players to snipe away at avril-wielding foes.
  • Why the hell would you want to remove the default starting weapons? D:

Anuban

Your reward is that you are still alive
Apr 4, 2005
I really like this map as I said over on the Epic boards. Given the size and layout I think all your design choices worked out very well. Playing the bots even on Adept I was able to win. Anyway thumbs up on this and looking forward to see how it evolves. :)

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Yeah I know Satelite takes 2 l's. I just think it looks better with just one, and since the map names usually are non-sense then it shouldn't be a problem. Of course, some people may think my spelling sucks.

Some feedback is telling me to put a sniper on the middle top. Of course this could help taking down the avril'ers but then what will be used to counter them? Just getting sniped in VCTF-Suspense is terrible.

Fine, no default inventory will be removed. I found the enforcer to be quite annoying, maybe it's just the bots.

Last edited:

Flak

I am Gamer, hear me Pwn. RAWR
May 26, 2004
Yeah, I thought your spelling sucked and came in to correct you :p

<3

Map looks great Kanth. We'll be adding your maps to our server when the patch comes out :)

Sir_Squiggles

Knight of the Wound Table.
Jan 20, 2008
Dublin, Ireland
This map is really good ^_^
I like it much more than Altas City which didn't really grab me.
I think it works fine as it is without snipers though. My only concern is the turrets are very vunerable to avrils, making them kind of useless. Mantas and Raptors can take cover but the turret is a sitting duck.

Satellite has two Ls.
Stationary satellites orbit at ~22,300 miles above the surface of the earth.
Given the height at which the terrain texture is supposed to portray the satellite, the buildings in the background just cannot be that big. That's would make them several miles tall.
I'm pretty sure from such a height the ground would appear mostly flat, and you would probably see a slight curve of the earth at the horizon.
Don't listen to this guy, he's just picky, and the ground below looks more interesting this way >_<

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
The name's definitively going to be spelled in the right way for the final version.

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
why not call it VCTF-Cradle? did you notice how similar this map is to that level from goldeneye?