Ut3 doesnt start vista is the problem. Please Help

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

sebastiaan

Jan 28, 2008
Yo guys im 1 of those guys who has vista 64 bits and ut3 simply doesnt start i patched it with the first patch. my drivers are all new, so i kinda dont know what else i can do.

i do know more people have the same problem.

i hope some 1 knows whats the caues of this is. so finaly people with vista 64 can play the game aswell :mad:

ty in advance

-n7-

May 12, 2006
Edmonton, AB
What?

I've run UT3 in Vista x64 since i got it.
All the issues i've had in UT3 are related to nVidia's craptacular drivers, which are fortunately mostly fine as of the 169.28 release.

I'll tell you right now, your issue is not Vista x64.

What drivers are you using?

sebastiaan

Jan 28, 2008
the only drivers im aware of are indeed from my nvidia card

wich is version: 169.25 so i belive thats out of date.

though im not leet with computers what would be my next step and where would i be able to download that driver ?

(my videa card is Gefore 8800Gt)

and should i be aware of other driver updates aswell?

sebastiaan

sebastiaan

Jan 28, 2008
oken guys i did all the above things but it still doesnt start, when i press the icon to play it only gives that screen where the UT3 dude stand with his gun on his shoulder, and it freezes on that picture :(

i realy hope some 1 has some more idea cuss im getting well anoyd that i cant play the game.

sebastiaan

Jan 28, 2008
intel core quad Q6600 2.40ghz

4gig ram

Nvidia Geforce 8800GT 512mb

asus maximus formula Special edition

if you need anny more information please ask

sebastiaan

_Lynx

Strategic Military Services
Staff member
Dec 5, 2003
Moscow, Russia
beyondunreal.com
Motherboard. Ensure you have the latest chipset drivers. Otherwise pretty much the same system here:
Q6600, 4Gb RAM, 8800GTX@169.25WHQL /P35 motherboard, Vista x64. Game runs smooth, though damn nVidia driver TDRs sometimes.

sebastiaan

Jan 28, 2008
afaik i have the latest drivers.

and im realy desperate cuss i have no idea what i can do.

every damn time when i press the game icon it simply keeps on the first screen and when i click it in my task bar it just says ut3 doesnt react =/

i realy hope some has a way to fix this issue ty guys so far for the reactions.

sebastiaan

sebastiaan

Jan 28, 2008
im not so good with computers so all ghardware drivers shoudl be:

-video card

-motherboard

-soundcard (though its on the motherboard)

not sure if i miss somthing ?

im sorry im so nab but would love to play the game

so thanks for all your help so far