UE3 - General Please Vote

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Choose your favorite entry

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

InAction

I make things move
Jan 21, 2008
Please vote for the entries for my competition which were held before the crash.

The rules were simple. Make a confined area or room in any version of Unreal Engine. Each entry is linked below and please - vote for originality and aesthetics relative to the engine of choice.

DOU-=TALON=-

zechio

Fearless

Voting ends in a week.

Last edited:

InAction

I make things move
Jan 21, 2008
That's completely up to Zechio. I linked to their posts and I'll send the book - I really don't feel like doing the submissions for them.

{DOU}Nightwalker

Jan 30, 2008
Fearless' room looks out of proportion to me the bed is elongated and the toilet looks like it is made of gold in a prison cell so sorry I had to vote Talon;)

Last edited:

TheJargonaut

Jan 30, 2008
I can't get Zechio's to work. Probably a pebkac issue. I would like to see Fearless' room rendered in engine as well. I had to vote Talon because I did get to see his map in engine and his lighting effects were superb. I think Talon has a thing for Nalis. Maybe a fetish. It is tough to be original with the Unreal 99 engine but Talon continues to surprise me. :D

Jarg

AsToRoTh

Jan 20, 2008
Voted for Talon.

Tbh Fearless would have got my vote were it not for the fact that its a UT3 map that IMO looks like UT2k4... I agree with the comment above about the gold toilet too.. it looks out of place.

zechio

Jan 24, 2008
I agree with BBurkart, those with entries have a bias and should not vote. As for the screens, etc. I am not at home right now, and do not have access to the computer with UT3 and the mod on it right now. I will probably be getting back tommorrow, but I still don't know if I will have time to get a decent shot or anything as I am quite busy right now. Also, yes, I'm not really in it for the book, it just sounded fun:)

InAction

I make things move
Jan 21, 2008
Thanks for doing something incredibly weak Talon. It was up to this community to vote - not your friendly neighbourhood. No matter what you said over there it doesn't change the fact that you posted on a forum that's obviously biased towards their members and most of them weren't registered here to begin with. Seems like I'll have to restart a clean vote between Fearless and Zechio to set things straight - and this time I'll pick my judges.

And don't come jumping in on the "vote on yourself business" - I don't friggin' care.

Last edited:
Thanks for setting the record straight InAction. I realize this contest is starting to become a burden on you with all these setbacks (BU Crash, now this :mad: ) but I want to let you know that I appreciate the effort and time you are putting towards it. I have nothing to say to Talon other than that I hope you realize that what you did was not a professional way to conduct yourself, nor will it gain you any respect as a mapper.

I look forward to a conclusion to the contest between me and zechio. :)

Also, one last thing.. The reason I voted for myself was not to gain an unfair advantage over anyone as I expected everyone else to do the same. In a school election for example, it is normal for the candidate to cast a vote for themselves, even though it won't make a difference.

DOU-=TALON=-

Unreal Tournament Mapper
Jan 22, 2008
Lehigh Acres Fl
That was not in your rules. and in post i told them to vote honestly.

This is what i posted on the clan forum.

entered into a contest that the rules are.

Make one room/corridoor/confined area in any version of uED (you're allowed to make it look like it's connected to somewhere else). What kind of room is it? I don't know - try to be original, it's completely up to you - I think the key word could be different. When you're finished, post in this thread, with a screenshot or two (or something similar) and tell us with a few words what it's about.

I would like to have that book it could help me to make better maps for the clan.

But please vote honestly.

And any DOU member that votes please dont use the clan tag in your name i dont want these people to think that im tring to rig the contest.

And these guys are stand up people or in other words thay would be honest on there vote.

I was not trying to cheat anyone im a 41 yr old man i do not have in me to cheat anybody.

But you are the boss of this contest InAction.

I am sorry all. I was not trying to cheat nobody.

InAction

I make things move
Jan 21, 2008
Age doesn't change anything nor does the fact that I started the contest here - not on your clan forums. It's supposed to be for BU regulars, not people that only registers to give a vote. I didn't type rules like that, because I thought it was a given. If I were to type up rules like that, there'd be a 20 page essay. It's just simple netiquette.

Did you really expect that people from your clan forums would vote any different than what they did? I could give you a second chance but... That depends on what the other contestants think.

On another note - why the hell is this thread so childishly tagged? I didn't add those tags.

Last edited:

DOU-=TALON=-

Unreal Tournament Mapper
Jan 22, 2008
Lehigh Acres Fl
Im not trying to give you a hard time.

Sorry for posting it on our forum.

But if i was going to cheat i would have put the post of this contest on the Members only side of the forum not the public side of it.

So take that into account.

But in the end if you feel that i cheated then im (Disquilafide) my spelling sucks some times.

good luck = Fearless and zechio on the contest.

And agian InAction sorry for the problems i didn't mean to give you any.

InAction

I make things move
Jan 21, 2008
As I said, it depends on Fearless and Zechio if you should have a second chance. I am going to start up a new vote with judges....