UE3 - UT3 weather - rain

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Cry0

Jan 22, 2008
Hello. I've searched on quite some places but I could never really find the answer anywhere. I'm trying to get heavy rain on my terrain. I've been suggested to use the hash shaped meshes , like seen on coret, but those have quite an impact on performance, i'd guess, plus the terrain is torlan-sized, I can't very well put a hundred of those meshes there. So, I wondered, how else can you make it rain? with emitters? xweathereffect? and if so, how please? or any pointing to the right answer is also good, thank you!

note, they do rain in downtown, but i absolutely can not find how they did it...

sWs»Cheapshot

Jan 20, 2008
I wonder if it can be made a camera view for the user. Like a rain effect just being looped on the players screen.

osirisrt

Jan 23, 2008
Orkney - Scotland
I would personally use those meshes to get the rain effect, as using emitters is very intensive on the system. remember this engine (within reason) can handle a hell of a lot of meshes, and those hash meshes are pretty simple compared to everything else really.