Keybind Possible?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Dark_Neophite

Jan 23, 2008
Okay, so this seems like a pretty ridiculous keybind to have because there's probably not many people that use it...however, I've noticed that shield jumps can be quite useful in some situations. One being that BECAUSE not many people use them, it can throw off your opponent. Secondly, I play TDM-Rankin a lot mainly because it was the first map I ever played and it's stayed one of my favorites...anywho, if you hear a target running from mini to 50a and you're by the flack ramp you can shield jump your way across to meet him with a surprise. Question here is, is there a keybind that you can do to put a shield jump into one button then release to switch back to weapon? This is what I've tried so far but can't think of anything else that might possibly work.

Key=switchweapon 1 | fire | onrelease jump | onrelease switchtolastweapon

Not sure if there's a way to do it but that's the bind I've been trying to experiment with.

-=AG=-

Apr 3, 2005
Use an alias.

Aliases[#]=(Command="getweapon xweapons.ShieldGun | Button bFire | Fire | OnRelease Jump | onrelease switchtobestweapon",Alias="ShieldJump")

x=ShiledJump

or w/e button you want.

Once you get bored of that, learn to do it properly you won't regret it. (And it feels better knowing you done it without cheating.)

Watch some BoogityBoy videos, see what's possible.

Last edited:

Dark_Neophite

Jan 23, 2008
Oh I can do it properly without needing a keybind. Keybinds aren't really a form of cheating unless the person is using it to get around the lack of skill. I already possess the skill to do proper shieldjumps without the bind....for me, binds are more for ease than for cheating. Everything I already have set up as a bind I can do without but have it set up for the simple fact that it just makes less for me to press. :)

-=AG=-

Apr 3, 2005
Oh I can do it properly without needing a keybind. Keybinds aren't really a form of cheating unless the person is using it to get around the lack of skill. I already possess the skill to do proper shieldjumps without the bind....for me, binds are more for ease than for cheating. Everything I already have set up as a bind I can do without but have it set up for the simple fact that it just makes less for me to press. :)

Yeah no doubt, but you must admit, not doing it the hard way is sort of cheating right?

If you are using it against other real players, I think its cheating, doesnt matter either way, Its not an honest sj.

I found it to be rather annoying and with doing it normally was far better and more controlling...You'll see.

-=AG=-

Apr 3, 2005
Okay, so this seems like a pretty ridiculous keybind to have because there's probably not many people that use it...however, I've noticed that shield jumps can be quite useful in some situations. One being that BECAUSE not many people use them, it can throw off your opponent. Secondly, I play TDM-Rankin a lot mainly because it was the first map I ever played and it's stayed one of my favorites...anywho, if you hear a target running from mini to 50a and you're by the flack ramp you can shield jump your way across to meet him with a surprise. Question here is, is there a keybind that you can do to put a shield jump into one button then release to switch back to weapon? This is what I've tried so far but can't think of anything else that might possibly work.

Key=switchweapon 1 | fire | onrelease jump | onrelease switchtolastweapon

Not sure if there's a way to do it but that's the bind I've been trying to experiment with.

Mind showing me what you mean? What server are you on?
I normally wall climb that part to get to 50a, dont use ramp. I seen a guy try shiled up teh ramp, but he kept hitting the roof and couldnt make the 50a hole...

Dark_Neophite

Jan 23, 2008
I happen to agree that a keybind shield jump gives you less height than doing it manually. I noticed that and thought that maybe the bind wasn't working so I think I'll just resort to a bind that pulls out my shield, primary fires, and then switches back to my last weapon upon release. I'll leave the jumping command manual. One thing I didn't think about earlier was that the bind wouldn't really be possible to do the way I was hoping it would work because a proper shield jump requires timing and there would be no way to impliment the required timing without programming. AG, as far as my reference to the ramp near flack, I can achieve going from the base up to the 50a no problem but I was actually trying to indicate being on the upper level right near the top of the ramp. If you're over there and you happen to hear a target pick up the mini and run towards the 50a, you can meet him in the window with a close range weapon. I've noticed that being more effective than expecting him to jump out the window and meeting him with a shock combo. As far as the server I'm in...I'm usually in some of the most commonly played Rankin-TDM servers. Usually the one that'll have the most players. If you want to contact me to meet me in a server some time, my xFire nick is Colossus. I'm always looking for more DM/TDM servers to play in anyways. It almost seems like a player is restricted to Rankin anymore for this gameplay.

-=AG=-

Apr 3, 2005
Oh yeah, I know what you mean now. It would be faster if you just jumped there from the ramp. If you hear mini, it would take that guy at least one jump and a little walking to get to 50a anyway, so you should meet up face to face soon as you hit the hole. Saving you some health too.

Sure you wouldve figured it out by now though, being 4 mnths later adn all. Sorry I havent replied. Ill look you up if you still around.