UE3 - UT3 Door Tutorial Problems

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Burliminator

Jan 20, 2008
My problem is basically creating a door in UnrealEd. I'm using an online video tutorial to help me and it seemed to be working out well until I got to the point where you create a basic door. Following the turorial I would select the door from Lt_Doors and add InterpActor. But here is where I get my first problem, when I add the door it is completely black and has no detail or color, and when I add it to the level a player can walk right through it. Also when I try and make the movement for the door in Matinee it tends to teleport to it's final position rather than move in a gradual speed. I'm following the video tutorial exactly as they do but seem to get these wierd bugs and problems.

This is probably a really basic problem but I'm completely new to level editors so if you could help me out it would help.

Last edited:

ArcadiaVincennes

Level Designer
May 20, 2004
Joisee
www.avld.org
Blackness:
Probably due to lack of dynamic lights in the map. Interpactors are dynamic, so they need dynamic lights. Add one and perhaps your door will reveal itself.
Player walks through it.
Normally, when adding interpactors, collision on it is turned off. Open the interpactor's properties, expand down the collision section, and change the collision from 'none' to 'blockall'
Teleport.
I have not seen the video in question but it sounds like an extra keyframe. Basically, it sounds like there's an initial keyframe, and then at the end you have two on top of each other, and one of them shares the same location as the first key frame. To fix, I would delete all but the original keyframe. Select the first keyframe. Move the time slider to the end. Move the interpactor to it's final destination. Add the second keyframe. Do it in that order.
If that doesn't work then my guess is wrong - sorry.

Good luck!

-AV

Burliminator

Jan 20, 2008
Hmmm, I tried changing the collision to BlockAll but it doesn't seem to be working. Has anyone else had this problem with the door being totally black?

Burliminator

Jan 20, 2008
Ok I was able to fix the problem. I had accidently disabled the door from accepting dynamic while messing with it's properties. Thanks for the help.