Map concepts

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

FaT CaM

Not much...
Apr 5, 2002
¯\(˚_o)/¯ I DUNNO?
Anyone still involved in maping for UT99? Lets discuss some concepts, im trying to get back into it and expand my knowledge.

Currently I'm trying to develop a mix between the ShaneChurch pack and SGTech1 (and other mechanical such-nots), sort of a science cathedral idea, i havent really got any ideas for layout as yet, and im trying to explore a more open style of map making (as opposed to individiual shut in rooms - places that link together more realistically than by doors). Might take me a while to develop my ideas, mine is a very slow mind :)

Just been messing around in the editor making little bits... Very work in progress.

What are some concepts you other mappers have tinkered with? Share some pics if you have them laying around.

Attachments

• scicath1.jpg
    scicath1.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 24
  • scicath2.jpg
    scicath2.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 24
  • scicath3.jpg
    scicath3.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 26

frute8

Jan 23, 2008

I'm not what you’d call an awesome mapper but I’ve had a lot of experience mapping for UT99:)

I can make swinging doors, sliding doors, double doors and most any door, if you need help.

Here are some photos of some of what I’ve done;

Exus Tecius

like diamonds in the sky
Sep 24, 2003
Visit site
I'm not what you’d call an awesome mapper but I’ve had a lot of experience mapping for UT99:)

I can make swinging doors, sliding doors, double doors and most any door, if you need help.

Here are some photos of some of what I’ve done;

:eek:
yeah sure.it will be all good.ok lay on that couch,close your eyes and tell everything from the beginning.:eek:

Last edited:

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
It's ok to post in this thread again, what's the harm? We've lost 20 months of content, so it's like starting all over again.

why dont they work??

You can't link directly to images from your harddrive.

You either can attach them as images (to your post), or load them on sites such as for example:

http://photobucket.com/

or

http://imageshack.us/

There are more interesting sites, though.

If you want to post a link to an image, use the following tags:

Example: (right click the image and click properties)

neoplaying.jpg

If you want to have the images resized (more convenient for some people, as it could stretch the forum page in case or large images. Most people use 1280x1024 as standard res nowadays...) use these tags:

[screenshot]imagelink[ /screenshot] (no space)

Example:

[screenshot]http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s128/NeoNiteBuf/zomgpresents.jpg[/screenshot]

Last edited:

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Yep, and I clearly remember you asking me that question before :p
Iirc you had lost your copy. You were unable to find it anywhere, and I send it to you by mail.

iSenSe

on it!
Jan 20, 2008
DM-1on1SmallMountain [NL]
bwhaha, iam to young to came up with that stuff ;) ..

frute8 pm me if u want to ban (xtc) hes a drugaddict ;)

whehe, damn.. its like 7.34 AM here .. am @ work.. doin nothing lol

[editz0rz] mister_prophet that clown in ure avatar, isnt that the clown from the movie ''it'' xD ?

Last edited: