Problems installing Unwheel

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

roeleboel

May 8, 2006
Hello,

I'm new here. I downloaded the unwheel mod (manual install for linux) but it doesn't want to run, in fact it breaks my UT2004 install.

I found the file that did is the reason (I think), because when I remove it UT works again (without unwheel maps). It is the Unwheel_PlayerModels.upl in the System directory. I already tried to rename it to Unwheel_Playermodels.ucl because the upl-extension looked a little bt weird to me. When I do this UT will start and gives an error message that it can't load the unwheel maps. Does someone have a solution for this or the same problem?

I think I did a good install, I just extracted everything to /usr/local/games/ut2004 and it mixes up with the UT files (not in a separate map like other mods). Or must I extract it in my/home/.ut2004 map. I hope I did it OK (not very good explained in the help files).

Thanks

roeleboel

May 8, 2006
OK,

I found the problem. It doesn't have anything to do with the file I suggested above. In fact it is really simple, I had to change the permissions of the Unwheel files. They were only accessible by root, sow I had to give read write permission to users.

Sorry to bother.

jerdaygo

How jerdaygo?
Jan 10, 2004
USA
roeleboel said:
OK,

I found the problem. It doesn't have anything to do with the file I suggested above. In fact it is really simple, I had to change the permissions of the Unwheel files. They were only accessible by root, sow I had to give read write permission to users.

Sorry to bother.

You are not the first to ask this but you are the first to solve it before being told what the issue is :D

stevenhorton said:
No bother, especially since you solved it:)

Very true Steve ;)