PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Gaming Rig?

Prophecy
5th May 2006, 05:38 PM
The perfect gaming rig? Well I thought I had seen some well built gaming rigs. It is made for heavy graphics but holy crap.

Main System Features
Up to 4 Dual AMD Opteron™ dual-core processors; integrated DDR Memory Controller
Memory
Up to 64GB of DDR400 Memory
Professional Graphics
Dual PCI Express graphics; supports two NVIDIA SLI-ready Quadro® cards
Operating Systems
Microsoft® Windows™ Server 2003, (64-bit); Red Hat® or SUSE® Linux
Hard Drives
Up to 15, 3.5”, hot-swappable drives for up to 7.5TB total data storage; SATA and SCSI drives available
Drive Controllers
Two integrated dual-port Serial ATA-2 controllers with RAID
Expansion Slots
One full-length133MHz max. 3.3V PCI-X slot; two full-length 100MHz max. 3.3V PCI-X slots;
Connectors and I/O
Two 1394a, FirewireTM connectors supported by an integrated 1394a [B]controller
Network
Integrated dual-channel GbEthenet LAN controller;
Audio
Optional audio boards available

O and the prices on these babies

Standard conf. $27,595
Advanced conf. $51,560

I think I will order two. LOL

Angel_Mapper
5th May 2006, 08:59 PM
What, no link? :p Seems like incredible overkill, I calculated the price of my "ultimate dream computer" and it only came out to $4000.

Phopojijo
5th May 2006, 09:10 PM
Its made for Pixar/Dreamworks/ILM... its a Steve Jobs writeoff.

That's actually pretty cheap... especially if you get like, SLi'd Quadro 5500's (2GB texture/mesh buffer -- or just frame buffer for software mode).

Sure renderfarms are primarily made up of a lot (1000+) of crappy computers... but they need behemoths to edit the sourceart with... that's these things.

Jackal
5th May 2006, 09:44 PM
Crap

No. Noone on this earth with a right mind and half a brain would even want to use a computer like that for gaming. It's pointless, and there are more powerfull computers out there anyways. This isn't the UGM. It's a high-end graphics machine. That is all.

Kantham
5th May 2006, 10:51 PM
What's the purpose in planing to buy a $27,000 RIG while UT2007 is just going to run 'fine' with the 7800 GTX and AMD athlon 4400 Dual core procecor.

Prophecy
8th May 2006, 09:55 AM
Sorry about no link. http://www.boxxtech.com/products/apexx4.asp

As for ever really buying one, no thanks to much money for what I do. When I saw this thing and what they are suppose to cost I couldn't believe it.

Kantham
8th May 2006, 12:55 PM
LOL, just noticed the HardDrive capacity, hell with 7.5TB you will never have to delete anything from your pc (unless you really want to), just wasting some serious time antivirus-sanning it.

7.5TB, that's just like the whole web, right? ;)

Prophecy
8th May 2006, 02:26 PM
Hell you could store all of your music cd's and Movies on it and every game you have and then some. LOL Heck maybe some day games will require disc space of a 1TB and we will be running on 128b systems

Kantham
8th May 2006, 02:33 PM
Well 1TB for a video game, i really doubt it, even for the next 10 years, just saying this, remember the time when there was those shiney new "166 MHZ!1 ZMONG" with the turbo button in front of the casing. It could barely run StarCraft with a 2MB GPU. Or yet games that were runned on floppy disks. The biggest files in a video game are mainly the textures, i don't see a game's system files up to, let's say, 100GB that would be freaking ridiculous.

Plixorator
9th May 2006, 07:20 AM
I agree with Angel, my dream machine would cost like $4000

That machine isnt even worth it. Who the hell would use 7.5tb of hard drive space, ROFL.

daloonie
9th May 2006, 07:39 AM
I agree with Angel, my dream machine would cost like $4000

That machine isnt even worth it. Who the hell would use 7.5tb of hard drive space, ROFL.
That's not enough space for my pr0n :(

Well I have alot of movies and DVD's on my pc and my total HDD capacity, which I think is big, is only 1.2TB.

It is a sickingly overpowered monster for a normal gaming machine.

Kantham
9th May 2006, 09:57 AM
I have looked at 50 DVD on my machine, there's 0 left.
Thanks. :)

Prophecy
9th May 2006, 11:22 AM
I have looked at 50 DVD on my machine, there's 0 left.
Thanks. :)

LOL sorry to hear.