UI3 Finals are tomorrow!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dc

Aug 17, 2005
http://www.unrealness.com/tournaments/uictf3/ui3-de.htm
Pretty much same deal as the last UI with 4th vs !N! in the finals, except this time instead of losing we are going to win :cool:

Maps are:
Finals: Grendelkeep, Pistola-LiTe, Citadel
Finals TB Round (if needed): Pistola-LiTe, Citadel, Terra2004

There will be UTV and shoutcasting as there was for a bunch of the other UI3 matches. Info will be in #unrealness on ETG.

cu@victory

dc

Aug 17, 2005
Something about joining a match as specs while UTV was in there, after they had been warned about something similar in the past. I am staying out of it though.

daloonie

sex boobs nude
Feb 7, 2004
Denmark
www.daloonie.com
Euro or american? I suppose it's american I hope it's early, because for once I'd like to see a CTF match done up close and personal. I mean by teams that good not FragBU style :p

howlatnight

Jan 8, 2006
Maybe the BuF JB team should hope for a crushing victoty by !N! so yall are too depressed to play in the JB ladder. On the other hand maybe we should hope for a crushing victory by 4th so they feel they dont need the TWL ladder.

Either way good luck.

ShakeZula

Nov 9, 2005
Cheshire, England
Renegade Retard said:
Linten,

You wanted to see some good CTF attackers, then I suggest you watch this match.
I can't, assuming it'll be played late evening American time :(. I can't get online after 9:00PM EST (that's 2:00AM my time).

Will there be clientside demos available after the match?

dc

Aug 17, 2005
howlatnight said:
Maybe the BuF JB team should hope for a crushing victoty by !N! so yall are too depressed to play in the JB ladder. On the other hand maybe we should hope for a crushing victory by 4th so they feel they dont need the TWL ladder.

Either way good luck.
Apparently we challenged the team we shut out in two maps last time again. I don't know who did it :S

Match is at 10:00PM Eastern

Nunchuk_Skillz

May 18, 2005
Should be a good match between two really strong teams, so it should definitely be worth watching.

The maps heavily favor 4th in the first matchup (!N! would have to win twice to win it since they're coming from the loser's bracket) since the 2 maps that 4th always picks (Grendel & Citadel) are in there. !N!'s favorite map (Pistola) is in there, too, so the map choices look exactly like they would if !N! challenged 4th on the regular ladder.

That's really a shame, imo, as it would have been fun to see some of the more neutral map picks from the tourney in there (like Orbi2, for instance, which neither team really focuses on), as opposed to this looking just like any other challenge between them.

So I'd say the odds are like 70/30 that 4th should pull out the win in the first round. However, if !N! figures out a way to take that, I think the maps actually favor them slightly in the final round (maybe 60/40).

Anyway, looking forward to the UTV. :D

dc

Aug 17, 2005
Nunchuk_Skillz said:
That's really a shame, imo, as it would have been fun to see some of the more neutral map picks from the tourney in there (like Orbi2, for instance, which neither team really focuses on), as opposed to this looking just like any other challenge between them.
I think it makes it more ineresting that all three maps in the finals bracket are well known and liked by both teams. Grendel and Citadel favour us for sure, and last time we played them for TWL we won Pistola without much trouble too. Citadel and Pistola in the TB round are good for us as well, but Terra is bad for both teams since it's an awful map and nobody but TB:: likes it

Nunchuk_Skillz

May 18, 2005
Of course you think it's good, DC, because if you could have picked any two maps out of all maps ever created for 2k4, you guys would choose Grendel and Citadel. So you like it because it favors 4th, but that certainly doesn't make it more interesting for anyone else. It just gives you a chub because it gives you a better chance of winning.

And Terra isn't bad for !N!. They're solid on it (depending upon what lineup they put in) since many of them played UT'99, and that map should favor them if it gets played. Also, just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's an awful map. I don't like spam grab shield jump cherry pick gayness (hence, I don't like Citadel or Grendel) but I don't argue that either of them are bad maps.

daloonie

sex boobs nude
Feb 7, 2004
Denmark
www.daloonie.com
nuttella said:
Humor me: How does one go about joining a UTV server?
You get a normal UT2004 server IP and you just join it as you would if you wanted to play. At least that's how I remember it, and I'm pretty sure it's no more than that.

dc

Aug 17, 2005
Of course you think it's good, DC, because if you could have picked any two maps out of all maps ever created for 2k4, you guys would choose Grendel and Citadel.

Of course, because you know how we operate and what goes into our map choices in private :cool:

Nunchuk_Skillz said:
So you like it because it favors 4th
Thanks for telling me what my opinion is. :cool:

Nunchuk_Skillz said:
Also, just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's an awful map.
Yes it does :cool:

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Last edited:

Nunchuk_Skillz

May 18, 2005
Of course, because you know how we operate and what goes into our map choices in private

:rolleyes:

There's this really amazing and super secret thing on TWL called "Match History" (perhaps you've heard of it? :lol: ), which shows that you guys have picked Grendel in pretty much every match you've ever played (easily over 90% unless you thought you could easily handle the team) and that Citadel is clearly your #2 choice. And since Grendel and Citadel are exactly the maps you picked vs. !N! last time, it doesn't take a psychic to figure out which maps you'd pick.

dc

Aug 17, 2005
Like I said, you don't know how we operate so shut the hell up already. It doesn't take a psychic to figure out that Fro thinks he knows a lot more than he does.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.