PDA

View Full Version : floating lifts and bots

Shinewbie
1st May 2006, 09:01 AM
I'm new to unreal mapping and have spent a few days looking for help but i cant find it. I'm designing a level where there are medium sized platforms some are stationary and some move. whats the most effecient way to get bots to move onto these moving platforms. The movers are set to Constant Loop.

G.Lecter
1st May 2006, 12:21 PM
As far as I know, bots ignore ConstantLoop movers. The only Navigation Points that can be placed on movers are the LiftCenter and the LiftExit, and they are not useful to make the bots do tricky jumps... You can't path on movers, at least in this engine... :rolleyes:
Perhaps, depending on your map, you can do a sort of trick to make the bots think they are on a non-moving platform (cover the mover with a brush - rebuild - path - rebuild paths - delete the brush - rebuild geometry and lighting, but not the paths) but it doesn't look like it's your case. Sorry... :(

_Lynx
1st May 2006, 02:53 PM
may be let them think it's lift? That will allow bots to use them at least.

Hazel.H
1st May 2006, 03:49 PM
It's worth looking at this map, quite a technical feat ;) http://www.mapraider.com/maps/?fileid=2600

The bot support isn't great but it works, and there are constantly moving platforms everywhere.

Shinewbie
5th May 2006, 01:47 PM
thanks for the info. pretty much what i had expected. The level that was listed is absolutly amazing.