TO-Crossfire Public Beta Teaser

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
To kick off their upcoming public beta, Tactical Ops: Crossfire has a few media treats for us all to consume. First up is a Public Beta 1 Teaser Trailer that weighs in at 19.8 MB and comes in an .avi format.

Second, German TV Show GIGA Games will be featuring TO team memeber, Llama on April 27th, 22:00 - 24:00 CET along with a live world-exclusive unveiling of TO:Crossfire. If you're in Germany... turn on your TV. If not, You can tune in directly via Astra or watch the livestream for Windows Media Player or WinAmp.

zeep

:(
Feb 16, 2001
Visit site
I'm trying to get all exited here, but i fear i may be too old, or too far down realism lane to fully enjoy tacops again. Nevertheless i will give it a run and see.

fyi. Back in the days Infiltration had it's release on gigatv too.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Oh, i thought the BETA 1 offline version was avalible. So you got me searching on their website "Where is it???"
I saw this video before this thread was started ;) Pretty nice looking, i like the fast paced action kind.

dub

Feb 12, 2002
There is no offline version, only the torrent pre-release (so all the files you need to play on the 28th) and the server package are already available.

The torrent pre-release is passworded and the password will be released on the 28th first on their iRC channel and then 30 mins later on their site. HTTP downloads with no pass will be available on their site at the same time.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
So you're saying that this game got no bot support? Or it work the same way as CS:S? Which is, you can't start a offline game to play against bots?

Or the offline release is not YET avalible?

{Ogre}Spin

Apr 24, 2002
Visit site
The game DOES support offline play, and the bots do all they should (buy weapons and armour, head for objectives and fight the enemy team), however they are a bit dim and sometimes have pacifist tendencies ;)

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
If anyone of the TO teams read this, please make sure the bots can at least walk sometimes crouch and jump. Pasive bots are awful, and what we hate the most in ut2004 here, is the faggoty aimbot'ing system that the bots use, especialy from close range. And please make sure that you delay the first encounter, meaning that the first time that the bots sees you, they won't fire the second they will see your hitbox in a wall corner. Oh please.

{Ogre}Spin

Apr 24, 2002
Visit site
We can't take it out, the AI drives the hostages as well as opponent/team bots. Really it isn't that bad ;) Just sometimes bots are typically dim.

Anyhow, I guess in about 12 hours you can find out for yourselves ;)