CORDLESS! YAY OR NAY!!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

CORDLESS MOUSE?

• Total voters

BooGiTyBoY

The ImPaCt-DaMpeNeD BooGeRaToR
I've found a mouse that is pretty much (for me at least) the perfect shape :D

The problem...

It's wireless. I'm not sure I wanna take that plunge just yet. Anyone have any opinions of how good they are for gaming (fps of course silly)

I'm lookin' at the Logitech LX7

Has a max dpi of 1100 which kicks the snot out of my current mx510 (with a dpi of 800 and always felt too wide for my hand as well)

YAY OR NAY!?!?!?!?

Also please don't "recommend" other cordless/non-cordless mice. I only want this one in particular cuz it's shape rawks hard and is uber-comfy. Don't really care what the "newest and bestest" one is.

Last edited:

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
At the very least get a MX or G series wireless. Those others aren't even targeted for gamers. Wireless = poo and more expensive, so I wouldn't bother anyway.

BioBlizzard

YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE !
Apr 24, 2006
Dark Pulse said:
Big ****ing NAY from me. There's just too many potential problems you'd get with a cordless mouse.

Ya i would suggest not to go for cordless...... if u want a good gaming mouse go for logitechMX518 ............ its the best..... i guess

Crowze

Bird Brain
Feb 6, 2002
Cambridgeshire, UK
www.dan-roberts.co.uk
I've had no issues at all with my MX700, and I'm always careful to have a spare set of batteries (have a fairly decent routine using 3 pairs and a 4-slot charger). But, as T2A said, I would go for a gaming-grade mouse whether you go wireless or not.

Clippy

Dec 21, 2005
Bluetooth huh!

Treated myself to a Microsoft Bluetooth keyboard & mouse hoping for instant responce times, big mistake, it's now at the back of a cupboard somewhere. The dongle comes in handy for sending stuff to my phone however, gotta get some value for money :lol:

daloonie

sex boobs nude
Feb 7, 2004
Denmark
www.daloonie.com
Nay...

Mainly because of battery changes, fall outs and low responses. It might be precise, but in games like UT2k4 and Q3 response is way too important to slack on.

If it's comfortable I suggest you find an alternate with a cord.

Last edited:

howlatnight

Jan 8, 2006
just wait until your mate's wireless mouse starts mobing your pointer on the screen. Its fun to jack with people at lans :)