Bot Snipers - Too good ?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

rich_zap

Jul 18, 2004
Dissapearing into the fog !
Well been playing a lot of DA2 and enjoying it a lot, however there is one thing that gets me quite annoyed. There always seems to be a large amount of bot snipers, not only are there a lot of them but they dont seem to suffer the same recoil disadvantages we do. As such when defending it is practically impossible to set up any turrets when under attack and even if they can only see the very top of your head they still seem to hit almost every time when you are standing still.

So i guess what im asking is this, has anyone else had similar problems ? If so could the sniper class bot be nurfed even a little so it doesnt take that class as often and is a little bit less accurate on subsequent shots.

veryhungryhobo

Dec 27, 2005
yeah that does happen alot with the bots. Look at RO there is recoil but the bots can overcome it. I dont know what to do about that other than to the bots more inaccurate.

Helioth

Exhalted Presence
Oct 9, 2005
Berlin
helioth.deviantart.com
Also, the bots, regardless what difficulty have no reaction time, seeing as they know everything, they'll just come around a corner and bam. . .
It's really annoying :/

Not the loosing, but how it breaks the immersion.

To be honest though, i still find battles with bots far more interesting than small online games, cant you somehow code into the launcher 64+ bots and 32 or so defenders ? :/

I know, a lot of people also seem to have problems with this many npc's or maybe, more specifically; polygons, so a primitive 'Level of Detail' system would do wonders.

It's alot more fun to really defend something and wage war than play ping-pong