Backwards AI

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
I have a set of stairs in my map which fill the width of my corridor. The ceiling of the corridor opens upward and has a hole in where players can shoot down onto the stairs, like the diagram at http://dlghdkglkdsjg.pastebin.com/663566 (forgive the crappy ascii art). Just to clarify, those are stairs, from the side. And that 'O' thing is the hole where people can shoot out of.

What I want to do is tell my bots that if they are running up the stairs and are not already attacking something, they should run up the stairs backwards, to check for anyone in the hole. After they get up the stairs, they should go back to their default behaviour. Running down the stairs should also be left as default behaviour.

How can I do this?