How to run two UT or Q3 Servers on one machine.???

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Rooster

Local Legend
Jan 4, 2000
Fort Mill, SC
www.legionoflions.com
I can't believe I'm going to help a_nuke, but here it goes:

It's actually pretty simple with UT.

Use the UCC command to start up a server. You'll need to specify a port number and have two INI's - one for each server.

server1.ini
server2.ini

in the UCC command you can specify what ini file you want to use, what IP you want to use (in the case of a machine with multiple IP's), and what port number you wish to use.

Now.. that being said - bandwidth is a concern. On a LAN - 10baseT, I'd say no more than 20 people @ 10,000 Netspeed. That means 2 10 person servers. If you have 100baseT - go wild.

CPU usage, my P2-350 w/128MB seemed to handle 2 UT servers just fine. 10 players on CTF, 6 players on Rocket Arena. Obviously, the mo'power, the betta'. I found the computer really didnt have much power left over for the web admin - so you may want to leave some overhead here.

http://unreal.epicgames.com/utServers.htm

Try that out, that should tell you what you need.

bullet2.gif

|C|Rooster|PuF
Defenseman for |C|ondemned

a_nuke

Mar 29, 2000
www.mnsg.net
Can anyone help me? How am I able to run 2 UT or Q3 Servers on the same machine ? I need it for a LAN Party which I am going to organize (300 - 400 ppl).
One more question: Where can I get the Tourney Control System from ? I see it every time on the ng site.

I hope u can help me.

yours, (MNSG)a_nuke

------------------
Visit us at MNSG Homebase

Whoa... I wish *I* had a time machine, and could go into the future to pick up a 6gig-chip PC with a terrabyte of RAM... :)

Seriously, what PC are you running that has the horses to run multiple dedicated servers? I've set up a few LAN parties, and I don't know if it's even possible to do, with the requirements of the games in question, even IF you can figure out a way to get users connected to the multiple games.

I'd like to know how this turns out...

[MUTTS]ImagoX

bullet2.gif

"I think the mistake a lot of us make is thinking that the state-appointed psychiatrist is our 'friend'."
-Jack Handey

Enigmatic Terror

HONK IF YOU LOVE JUSTICE!!!
May 11, 2000
PA
Rit, have you tried NT4? Win2k is a memory hog, if you are going to use that you may want another 64 or 128MB, and win9x does not make a good server at all.

Linux is great, I have it on a Cyrix M2 300 (actually clocked at 233Mhz, that 300 is a "PR" rating thing) machine w/96 MB RAM. I've only been running the ucc server on my 100 Mbit LAN and so far has handled 4 people and a boatload of bots beautifully.

RitualSuicide

mortiferous pageantry
Jan 5, 2000
CA, US
www.ritualsuicide.com
Rooster: I join you.

Enigmatic: I have NT4 on a lesser (P233) machine, but unfortunately beta testing requires I have Win2K on at least one machine and that's got to be the most "high end" of our spare machines. I currently have the system setup for dual boot 98/2K, but it's worth a try and run it NT4/2K since this system isn't getting upgraded in the near future.

BTW, great CTF games on Khiori's server (that's the machine in question) the other night!

RitualSuicide

mortiferous pageantry
Jan 5, 2000
CA, US
www.ritualsuicide.com
Rooster: Sorry to bump this yet again, but what OS are you running on your PII350? I've only been happy with the performance of one CTF server on mine (PIII350, 128MB, Win98se or Win2K) and thus end up tying up two or three machines to run TDM and 1on1 servers.

a_nuke

Mar 29, 2000
www.mnsg.net
Thx ppl. and special thanks to Rooster. I will test this out. I will tell u in a week how it was working.

Imagox: If u go to the future , please buy such a computer for me too :)

Thx.

My last question: Where can I get the TCS from ?

DaForZe

Apr 12, 2000
www.magic-dreams.com
hi all !!!

to explain something:

TCS = Tournament Control System.....

the system from NetGames..to show up our stats

we need this system to make a local ranking system over UT & QIII Arena...

so i hope u all can help us...

cu all

--DB--

a_nuke

Mar 29, 2000
www.mnsg.net
this looks quite nice. i will get these things from one of our sponsors. I think Compaq or Acer. I ll have a talk to them next week.

Does anyone have an idea cause of the TCS ?

bye

a_nuke

Mar 29, 2000
www.mnsg.net
yeah! thats right. i want to have this but where did i get it from ? i have emailed them but i didnt get an answer.

thx for yer help.

yours, a_nuke