PDA

View Full Version : Patched Pariah Problem

Imaginos
10th Apr 2006, 08:39 AM
Read over the fixes for what looks like the final patch and decided I had to slap that on. However, now the console commands are gone! That wasn't listed as one of the fixes it adds.

How can I get my powers of summoning/flying/ghosting back?

Ice Dragoon
11th Apr 2006, 08:02 PM
well try uninstaling and reinstaling w/e you put in.
does my avi look silly to you?

Imaginos
12th Apr 2006, 01:08 AM
Yeah, I know... I've been hesitant to reinstall the whole shebang, but looks like the patch is what killed the console commands.
Shame the official Pariah forums are perpetually broken now. Would have liked to see what other people did after they updated - if anything.

And avi? You mean the gif in your sig? It's pretty cool. I've seen a variation of that one somewhere. I'll see if I can dig it up.

Sir_Brizz
12th Apr 2006, 11:38 AM
My console works just fine...

Imaginos
12th Apr 2006, 02:52 PM
I guess that caps it. It'll get bulldozed and reinstalled.

BTW, the patches weren't incremental I hope. I went straight to the final(?) patch and that's the only one I used.

Ice Dragoon
14th Apr 2006, 05:04 PM
wait what was the name of the patch you got? was it an official UT patch or did you get it from another website?

omg I finally found someone who might know D.D.!

Imaginos
14th Apr 2006, 06:05 PM
Grabbed it from the Pariah site. Filename is "pariah-patch3.exe"

And now that I think about it.. I'm not sure if it came from the groove site or DE or ...!?

Ice Dragoon
14th Apr 2006, 06:07 PM
does iit change your weapons and storyline or what does it do?
ive played pariah for xbox...its FRIGGN AWSOME!!!

Imaginos
14th Apr 2006, 06:15 PM
Yikes! Loads of fixes and it was a cumulative patch. Details here: http://www.groovegames.com/Games/Pariah/downloads/ReadMePatch3.htm

No changes to the storyline, but it looks like they may have bugged me in ovefixing console commands.

Ice Dragoon
14th Apr 2006, 06:21 PM
maybe when you where downloading a bug flew in and attacked your files!
sounds stupid but makes sense

Sir_Brizz
15th Apr 2006, 12:38 AM
Well, I'll reinstall the game (well install it since it has never been on this machine) and see what's up. However, I have used summon and ghost in v1.3 and they worked fine... what commands are you trying to use?

Imaginos
15th Apr 2006, 10:38 AM
Wouldn't ya know it? Flatten/reinstall/repatch and now it's behaving. I don't know what it could have been, but it works correctly.
Now I'm back to being free to ghost all over the place to look over the all the content I wish I could loot and use in new maps..

Ice Dragoon
15th Apr 2006, 10:50 AM
dont freak though or you'll mess up UT for good! (just kiddin)