new moves to add for 07

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

indy900

[mXc]indy
Apr 8, 2006
www.mxcclan.com
i posted this on another forum but beyond unreal seems like it's the best UT forum so here are my ideas.

I would like them to add duck and roll moves that would just involve holding crouch and dodging to roll. Also I would like to be able to dodge jump into a wall and still be able to dodge off. better yet, if you happen to hit another wall after the first dodge, you should be able to dodge off it too. that way if theres 2 walls that are enough together, successive dodges would allow you to climb up a level.
another cool thing would be the ability to run on walls by jumping to it then dodge into the wall and then use w a s d to control how high and far u want to run. then dodge or jump out from the wall run if you want.
i was also thinking of some sort of button that lets you do special moves off of special object's, like a vine swing, but that might be too platformy. :p
this all might sound like im trying to make the player fly accross the screen more, but that's not my intent. this all should be in the context of their new anti-floatyness motive. any other idea's?

[USSR] dunnie!

Mar 7, 2006
your ideas are just retarded think about doing this in game it would just be ugly stupid and it would destroy the entire gameplay

i hate people like you that just always have stupid ideas

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
www.unrealized-potential.com
[USSR] dunnie! said:
your ideas are just retarded think about doing this in game it would just be ugly stupid and it would destroy the entire gameplay

i hate people like you that just always have stupid ideas
I hate people like you who throw around insults without any backing, but thats just me.

As for the movement ideas, I'd like being able to dodge into a wall then dodge off again, so long as there is a bit of a pause not an instadodge between them.
I don't think the others will fit in to the game on a more permenant basis.
Although I would love to see some support for adding things like this in mutators to be easy.

ThirtySixBelow

tactical inaccuracy
Feb 6, 2005
There are plenty of crappy servers that have things like this where you can do infinite wall dodges that let you fly all over the place with 400 speed 1000 shot/sec instagib. The roll while ducking might not be so bad, the bots can already do that, it would level the playing field a bit. :rolleyes:

Neophoenix

Bast's Pet
Aug 4, 2005
Multi wall jumps to scale a wall would be cool, but only if you can't use a weapon while you do so. The others sound like matrix moves.

gregori

BUF Refugee
May 5, 2005
Baile Atha Cliath, Eireann
Most of thee can be done in UC2. Dont know how these moves will effect the gameplay of UT2007 but if they can be modded , Do IT!!

Personally i think Epic should have a melee combat mode with UC2's mobility as a standard gametype like DM, TDM, CTF, ONS etc in either UT2007, expansion pack or the next UT after 2007! It wouldn't be very hard, they would just have to port the gameplay from UC2 and add extra character animations to the current meshes!

In light of what Red Orchestra has done, a whole bunch of it's moves are going to become standard in FPS's.

EggBoy

Apr 26, 2005
Roll might not be as bad as it sounds. At least it will encourage people to use crouch which rarely gets used at the moment. Problem is they have make it not look retarded, and restrict the rolling so people wont just roll all over the damn place. Would be useful for snipers to get in and out of cover quickly when they shoot and get spotted.

Roll 4 t3h w1n!

Ahem* sorry.. As I meant to say, the roll seems like the most viable, realistic and badass movement type to add in to the UT franchise. UT in general needs to get back to using more realistic movement, and if ppl want to reach the crazy long dodge jumps, and wall hopping trickey in mid-air... let 'em earn the right to use those moves with Adrenaline.

IE: Speed would let you wall-jump and the current length dodge-jump maybe..(this of course would rely on the current dodge jump getting nerfed into something more believable.
Berserk could allow for powerful jumps, and keep it's rate of fire and damage bootsing.. etc..
Heck maybe even Invisibility could allow for some kind of movement tweakage,.. like multi jumping or something... make invis more ninja-like ya know.

Just my 2 cents. :deadhorse:

Oh, and I'm one of those people who think that anything that evens the playing field and allows for even noobs to get a few kills their first game is a good thing. So even all the goofy ideas I offer would need to be balanced, tested and tweaked alot. Right off the bat I know the current Adrenaliine timers would need to be changed.

--Under

Underestimated user
Mar 21, 2004
im not a quake fan at all but one thing i like about quake movements is the ability to keep/build momentum if u jump just after landing. It would be cool to at least be able to keep momentum so it makes the movement a little more complex and hard to master. And just double walldodge would be enough.

nuttella

Scare
Nov 19, 2004
It's all fun stuff, and it's all in matrix moves (except rolling), which will be made for UT2007, don't worry. Most people wouldn't want this in the default settings, though I wouldn't mind a shorter delay betweeen dodges.

Last edited:

thelehmanlip

Dr. Leh
Feb 7, 2006
Lancaster PA
rolling would be cool, if, persay, you would roll farther and faster than you would when you regular dodge. running on walls and double dodge jumping off walls though...? what, run on the wall the length of a dodge jump then 2 two dodge jumps off the walls... you'd go way too far. it would be difficult to make levels where you can't just go anywhere from anywhere. if you wanna run and jump off walls, go play prince of persia. there's three of them now

Continuum

Lobotomistician
Jul 24, 2005
Boise
It would be cool to have it so you could take say a step or two along the wall then jump off and still have the wall dodge as it is. Just adding multiple wall dodges (the way they are now) wouldnt really be that cool though.

And the roll sounds good but I dont think it would get used that often since a rocket or anything with splash damage would still end up hitting you.

moonflyer

Jun 2, 2003
Shanghai,China
lichong.blogbus.com
- don't like the matrix moves at all, ut is not a platform game, and there are better choices like pop
- i would rather have straightfoward but flexible moves than weird acrobatics
- i don't think rolling is really useful, but it's not a bad idea as long as simple like a dodge, or maybe just a special dodge in which you need to crouch while dodging
- more running feeling instead of jumping around everywhere. Let's still run and gun

Trynant

Manic Brawler
Jan 31, 2002
Quiet Island
trynant.wordpress.com
Acrobatics like wall-dodging are cool, and have been implemented in UC2. It worked out well. Problem is that keyboard and mouse don't handle too well for double-wall-dodge-flip-hadokenbbq.

Crouching and rolling is something I want to see in '07. Or atleast putting in the duck-to-avoid-headshot trick. Hopefully cool moves will be able to make it into the game. I hear Epic is still in their crazy-idea phase of the development cycle.