Vehicle use in DM-map

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Calippo_Tecks

Apr 7, 2006
I'm quite new to UT 2004 and was wondering if it is able to put the vehicles from the onslaught.u into DM-maps, I tried doing this but when I launch the map the vehicles are simply not there. I'm totally not an expert in level editing but I just want to put vehicles in normal deathmatch maps(if that's possible). Can u tell me how to do it?

Greetings & thnx already.

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
www.unrealized-potential.com
Did you pu the cehicles directly in or did you put in the Vehicle Spawner (pretty sure its called *vehiclename*factory)
I have a hunch that you need some extra code for the vehciles to natively work in Deathmatch though, although that may of just been UT2003.

Calippo_Tecks

Apr 7, 2006
I tried to find what u were meaning and maybe u mean this one:

Onslaught.u -> Actor -> *SVehicleFactory -> *ONSVehicleFactory -> *ONSAttackCraftFactory

The one I used was:

Onslaught.u ->Actor -> *Pawn -> *Vehicle -> *SVehicle -> *ONSVehicle
-> ONSChopperCraft -> *ONSAttackCraft

I tried the one mentioned above too but they both don't work. I guess there'll be needed some coding for it too, but thanks already!

Calippo_Tecks

Apr 7, 2006
thnx! but where do I have to put that? I never used scripting in Unreal Editor so I totally know nothing about that, I tried a few times to find out where I had to put it but I always failed.:rolleyes:

SlipStreams_65

User Titles are Useless.
Dec 29, 2005
Kingdom of boredom
Im not a coder, but I do know how to implement new classes.

Select "ASvehiclefactory" in the actor class browser, go to file->new and a code window should pop up. Copy the code into there. You will have to compile it-use the button that has the 3 pieces of paper on it. The new class should be in the class browser, try adding it to your map. If it doesnt show up, edit the lines of code to say

class AllMapVecFactory Extends asvehiclefactory; placeable

That should make it placeable into the map.

Calippo_Tecks

Apr 7, 2006
I tried to place it where u said I must place it but I received an error:
I tried it both without and with 'placeable' but they both don't seem to work.
When I add the script to my map I simply right click a wall and I select add 'MyASVehicleFactory' here. (I changed the script line to: class MyASVehicleFactory Extends asvehiclefactory; placeable , because that's actually the name it got)

UT2004 Build UT2004_Build_[2004-03-03_02.42]

CPU: AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ 2218 MHz with 1023MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 6600 (7772)

Failed to enter Autoplay.ut2?NumBots=0: Can't find file for package 'MyPackage'

History: UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine

Last edited: