GDC Session Downloads

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
GDCRadio has made available for download MP3 recordings of the sessions held during the 2006 Game Developer's Conferece. Each session costs $7.95. A few of note include:

Building a Flexible Game Engine: Abstraction, Indirection, and Orthogonality - Martin Sweitzer and Tim Sweeney, Programmers, Epic Games, Inc.
Multiplayer Cheating: Dispatches from the Front - Jeff Morris, Producer, Epic Games. Successes and failures in over two years of protecting UNREAL TOURNAMENT.
The Game Design Challenge: The Nobel Peace Prize - Cliff Bleszinski, Lead Designer, Epic Games, Inc.
Tips and Tricks for Modeling for Next-Gen Games - Pete Hayes, Artist, Epic Games, Inc.
Backwards Is Forward: Making Better Games with Test-Driven Development - Real-world experiences at High Moon Studios applying test-driven development in their own codebase and with the Unreal Engine 3.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
communist said:
Backwards Is Forward: Making Better Games with Test-Driven Development links to beyondunreal.com is that intended?

Paying for those sessions? No thanks :)

Nope - just an oversight on my part. :)

I wouldn't pay for them either, but I figured that someone developing a game or a mod might like to grab one for the team.

Destro7000

Beware the Apartment Emus
Aug 12, 2002
Bristol, UK
www.gamersa.barrysworld.net
I paid for them, worth every converted dollar if you ask me.

I'm surprised I understood the Tim Sweeney lecture, I thought he'd be spewing programmer jargon, but that one was a great source for Mappers. Looking forward to the new UEngine!