4.20 works fine, Bones is just nuts

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SkummyB|BuF

Would you like to see me dance?
Feb 19, 2000
Liverpool, UK
www.bombardiers.org
Just ignore bones, in the words of Yellow5 "He's a m0", He B1tched about 413 non-stop, now he's started on 420. He starts threads flaming LPBs ie. "56k Rules you LPBs!!!".

/me is just gonna ignore him from now on.

Btw rooster mentioned the llama farm, as much as i find him annoying i don't think he is farm fodder yet, if he carries on he probably will be though.

bullet2.gif

"If sneezing produces the same sensation as an orgasm in a fraction of the time, then I need a cold!" - Zaccix

Send articles/rants/editorials to The Soundoff, home of the world-famous Llama Farm

Skumboy.gif

[This message has been edited by [Ci]Skumboy|PuF (edited 05-27-2000).]

Boom

Rumpshaking Moderator
Mar 28, 2000
Visit site
I'm sorry Rooster, I know you locked that other thread, and I don't want to start stuff up for no reason, but you are right about Bones, and I just have to put my 2 cents in. I won't be insulted if this gets locked immediatly :)

I do have a cable modem, but I just hooked up to UT with AOL and my good old 56k connection to give Bones the benefit of the doubt when he says that 4.20 doesn't work with 56K.

4.20 works fine. I really really suck on 56K, but 4.20 works fine.

Maybe it something else, like when Bones wrote 50 nasty posts about patch 4.13, then posted this.

here's what Bones said in that thread..

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Ok I reinstalled 413 now would someone mind explaining why the UT crack was causing my game to slow down in general causing me great grief and hating 413? Because thats what was happening when I installed it only I never tried without the UT crack all seems to run ok. But it seems when I put the crack in all my troubles started! Now I only ask for forgiveness for acting like an a ss<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ohhh... so it wasn't 4.13 after all that b1tching and stuff. After dozens of threads where you insisted that the problem was the patch, then personally insulted people like Rooster who suggested that it may not be the patch.

So Bones asks for forgiveness for acting like an a$$??? Sorry, not forgiven because he is doing it all over again. He posts that 4.20 sucks, we let him know that it is working for us, and Rooster even offers to help find what the problem is, and bones just refuses to accept that it might be something else (AGAIN) and insists that it is the patch that is causing the problems, and insults anyone who dares to suggest it may be something else.

Damn, that was quite a run on sentence.

Anyway, people keep on posting whether or not you are having problems with 4.20

And Bones, if someone posts that 4.20 works for them, they are not mocking you. They are trying to help you figure out whether 4.20 is really problematic, or whether you have some other problem (AGAIN).

Oh, by the way, the problem could very well be 4.20 If you would just be nice and work with us, we may be able to figure that out. Then we could tell Epic, and everyone would benefit.

Boom

Rumpshaking Moderator
Mar 28, 2000
Visit site
Yeah, you are right Skummy.

Besides, it isn't usually my style to be starting negative kinda stuff, so I'm sorry all.

I've had my coffee, and I'll settle down now. Just wanted support Mr. Rooster a bit there :)

BTW, did you notice I had quotes and links and stuff? I'm getting the hang of this UBB thing. :)

bullet2.gif

Clan [Boom]
The undisputed, world champion, 1on1, UT clan.
[Boom]Boom|PuF

Axel

Jan 31, 2000
London
www.alexgp3.cwc.net
Ya know what guys,all we ever get outta bones is moans (hey, that rymes, i'm a poet an i did'nt know it).Guess what, i have NEVER had a prob with ANY patch for UT and i use 56K, im getting the same pings now as i always did, hehe, but not for long, i'm getting adsl in June or July ,cant wait.

bullet2.gif

Man, ilove this game!!!!!

Wolf Blackstar

That other Wing Commander guy
Dec 13, 1999
Tau Ceti V
www.angelfire.com
All I remember Bones for doing is bitching about the patches. He's bitching about this one, he bitched about the last one, he'll bitch about the next one. Big deal.

I've got plenty of my own problems with UT but the patches have, for the better part, improved the game, not messed it up. Patch 4.20 is a blessing to me because it raised my average fps from 15 to 23. I haven't had any major problems and I'll continue upgrading to the newer patches when they come out.

DSL is still down guys. sorry.
-[MERCS]Sgt_Sin|PuF

[This message has been edited by Wolf Blackstar (edited 05-27-2000).]

ZoMbiE

Feb 18, 2000
Visit site
420 really hasn't efected my online experience much at all

but...

Is this a US thing or does everyone know the meaning of the #s "420"?

BTW: something funny, related, while the 420 patch greatly increased the video quality it also added a green tint to th game.
:) :) :)