Shared jails

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Jrubzjeknf

Registered Coder
Mar 12, 2004
The Netherlands
Because JB2004c is finally coming, I decided I'd write some stuff up about what I'm planning to do with this.

Currently, only one map has a shared jail (JB-Egypt). I want to increase this number by supporting shared jails the best way I can.

The addon I've got in the works is be able to primarily do the following:
Jailfight with weapons other than the shieldgun: prisoners spawn with a random or preset weapon to jailfight with, where random can be random a spawn, a round or a game.

Because it's impossible to detect if a jail is a shared jail, changes in the Jailbreak class file are necessary. Because I'm modifying it anyway, I'm planning to expand JailInfo.

A couple of options will be added to the new JailInfo under the caterogy Shared Jail:
  • bIsSharedJail - if it's a shared jail or not
  • JailfightWeaponOverride (array) - overrides my addon's settings. Choices:
    • Don't - obey addon settings
    • UseWeaponPickups - jailfight weapons are weapons that can be picked up in jail
    • SpecificWeapon - a specific weapon :p
  • SpecificWeapon - prisoners spawn with this jailfight weapon
  • bForceJailWeapon - prisoners in this volume are forced to take out the jailfight weapon and able to get shot.

I'm planning to include BigJailHead (bighead based on jailfight performances, everything's reset on release), shared jail specific NoJailKill and an option to split the shared jail (map has to support it).

Is there anything else you'd like to see added to the addon and/or JailInfo?

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
www.unrealized-potential.com
bIsShared:
Obviously this will be set to false normally, but with Egypt, as it will be released before JB2004c will not of had this option, how will this effect these options on the map?
I would guess you could put a If statment along the lines of "isEgypt == true" :p then apply the shared stuff, you get the idea....

Isnt there a way to detect a shared jail by having the jailinfo check if the jail has more than 1 exit door, if it does it can check the triggers for these, if one is a bluerelease and the other is a redrelease it must be a shared jail, watch out though, as it would be possible to have a non-shared jail with 2 exits, triggered by 2 switchs. (An idea I am working on has an easy to get to trigger that releases the team in a dangerous place, and a safe one where you go straight back home)

Jrubzjeknf

Registered Coder
Mar 12, 2004
The Netherlands
The_Head said:
bIsShared:
Obviously this will be set to false normally, but with Egypt, as it will be released before JB2004c will not of had this option, how will this effect these options on the map?

Well, the addon wouldn't be loaded for Egypt. I can add a configurable array with maps for which it should be loaded anyway though. Or I can just hardcode it :)

The_Head said:
Isnt there a way to detect a shared jail by having the jailinfo check if the jail has more than 1 exit door, if it does it can check the triggers for these, if one is a bluerelease and the other is a redrelease it must be a shared jail, watch out though, as it would be possible to have a non-shared jail with 2 exits, triggered by 2 switchs. (An idea I am working on has an easy to get to trigger that releases the team in a dangerous place, and a safe one where you go straight back home)

What if a mapper decides he wants to release one prisoner when the enemy team is released? Your idea will fail then. I've come up with numerous other methods, but there's always a way it will fail. An option is the best way to work.