PDA

View Full Version : [Mutator] Spawner

Crowze
21st Mar 2006, 04:24 PM
Here's a little mutator I wrote, mainly with intent to use it on the training server. It will spawn a particular thing at a set interval at random places. Pretty much everything is configurable - see the ini or 'mutate spawner help' for more info (sorry no readme, I'm lazy :)).

Server admins add SpawnerMut.SpawnerMut to the mutator list, no need for ServerPackages as its entirely serverside.

Enjoy :).

geogob
21st Mar 2006, 04:32 PM
woah! so now you can randomly spawn redeemer explosions. Wicked.

Crowze
21st Mar 2006, 04:35 PM
Well, you could... I've only tested it using Krall ;).

geogob
21st Mar 2006, 04:42 PM
could be a nice practice. random cows on a big open map for target practice.

We had a GD training map with random cow spawning as a 203 practice range. was hillarious.

UN17
21st Mar 2006, 04:46 PM
Can you spawn INF bots with a random loadout?

Crowze
21st Mar 2006, 05:09 PM
Not really. I tried having it spawn INF_Core.INFc_SMale1Bot which seemed to work fine, until a new round started and for some reason it attempted to add them all to the game as real bots.

Clutch
21st Mar 2006, 05:21 PM
weapon spawns?

geogob
21st Mar 2006, 05:27 PM
yes, but their mag will be empty I think

UN17
21st Mar 2006, 05:27 PM
Oh really? Maybe you could have a hook in your code that would kick all INF bots out of the game when a round ends, so they won't come back next round. Having roving, random soldiers would make for a fun training, but even more fun as some kind of replacement for the Zombie mutators. Survive the wave of 50 armed soldiers! Mwa ha ha!

siredmond
21st Mar 2006, 05:35 PM
UN, heres your mk23 with 3 mags.
GL and HF.

Are we able to spawn things on command?
Like ammo not on the range.

Lemon.fr
21st Mar 2006, 07:38 PM
Thanks, i was looking for that kind of mutator but is it possible to spawn more monsters, like:

[SpawnerMut.SpawnerMut]
ThingToSpawn[0]=Class'UnrealI.Krall'
ThingToSpawn[1]=Class'UnrealI.Cow'
ThingToSpawn[2]=Class'UnrealI.Babycow'
SpawnRate=1.000000
CountLimit=20

hmm also i have an idea for another mutator (easy to do), gonna post it soon.

Crowze
22nd Mar 2006, 05:10 PM
Updated with Lemon's suggestion.

UN: It would be Inf-specific, which I was trying to avoid with this mutator. That does seem to be the next logical step though... ;).

Corporal_Lib [BR]
24th Mar 2006, 10:37 AM
Oh Boy, it didn´t work... perhaps an interaction with other mutties disabled it? I´m using IBT, RT, random damage, random kill and your shottie mutties, Crowze!

Crowze
24th Mar 2006, 11:07 AM
You are aware that it has to be started manually? As in, 'mutate spawner enable'? :) There are no compatibility issues at all... and if there are, it's the other mod's fault :p.

Corporal_Lib [BR]
24th Mar 2006, 11:17 AM
Ooopsss... i didn´t payed attention to that fact... I´ll try it ASAIGH XD

[edit]: It worked as charm!! I´ve combined it with Lemon´s INF_Light FX and I´ve created a new gametype: INF_DOOM!!! 8D

Look at the shots at Lemons thread...;-)

But, finally, it is or isn´t possible to spawn weapons (even empty, but then you could spawn mags near them...) and INF soldiers to increase the challenge???

ant75
26th Mar 2006, 07:09 AM
This is a great mut, exactly what i've been looking for for a while now. :tup:

Lemon.fr
26th Mar 2006, 07:37 AM
Hoping Crowze will update it... :)