UT2007 is probabaly a ps3 release date

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

the head

Dec 3, 2005
From the beginning UT2k7 was un-officially known as a ps3 game( and ones who knew better knew from the the-first-place that it would launch to pc prior then for consoles),but not too long ago PSMagazine january issue posted a hands-on preview of ut2007 featuring steve polge, EPIC's VP and UT2k7s lead developer,mark rein,another Epic VP, jeff morris, producer of the game,as well as the programmer and engine designer tim swenney,at the article ut2k7 was mentioned several times as more then just an official ps3 game,but also a launch title to that platform,which it's US launch was slated to spring 2006,yet when that news story was disscused at the atari-community forums the same producer of epic games from the article,jeff morris, better known online as "WAR_TURIST" repleyd and said that "we are not schedualed for the ps3's launch-title",after this news got to gamespot, who were the first to conclude that ut2007 is a launch-title for the ps3, they first questioned WAR_TURIST's iddentity as an epic producer, yet after it was clear that he's telling the truth they got in contect with PSM's aditors,who responded telling that they were told presonally by epic and midway that ut2k7 will be out IN, if not around the time of the ps3's launch (aspecially due to their competition with halo3 which is dated to be release during the launch of that console) so does rereading the article suggests,later epic's VP mark rein Contected 1UP,the publisher and editors of PSM,he said ut2007 will be out for the ps3 "WHEN IT'S DONE!" and that jeff morris said that they're not a ps3 launch title since they dont know when the ps3 will be out due to rumors about a delay of its marecan release date,so they dont know if it would be out in time for the team to finish the game for it yet they would do thier best to make sure it's released next to the console's launch anyway, later an article was posted posted here ,"the truth about ut2007" they cleverly assomed out of all of the news storys that ut2007 will be a ps3 launch title if the ps3 amerecan release date will be deled to closer to the holiday's time of the year as the rumors say,and now it is next to confirmed that the ps3 will be finally launched at october-november (as posted at joystiq.com), which is also the release date most of the community thinks ut2007 will be out in,that makes ut2007 a ps3 launch title to the ps3 for november-october and the pc release somewhere in the summer.

Torvec

GL, HF, AND DIE!!!!
Feb 2, 2006
Southeast, USA
is it just me or did i not see one period in that 'paragraph'....oh wait there was one at the end...

as for what the OP said, i honestly think that one, Epic is no where near finished with the game for PC and it won't be out till early 2007.

Two, the Ps3 is getting launched in Japan first before it gets anywhere else in the world so us americans won't see it till at least late late 2006 or early 2007 and even then it will be in short supply.

Three, if Epic isn't finished with the pc version until early 2007 then the ps3 version will most likely take another couple of months to be released since it has to be modified to play well on a console.

Lastly, epic has done a ****ty job so far marketing this game and just getting the word out in general that it even exists so everything is just pure speculation on the media's part, in other words take everything with a grain of salt.

and yes most of the above is speculation on my part as well so take what i say for what it's worth ($.02)

Gnam

Feb 13, 2002
Yes, please.
What exactly does "Ut2007 is a PS3 release date" mean anyway? A game can have a release date, but it can't be a release date...

bye teh way u need toe larn, how 2 punctuaoate an use apargrafs, so we can unders,tand wtf u r, sayingz k thx!!1111

DeathBooger

Malcolm's Sugar Daddy
Sep 16, 2004
This guy loves to take common knowledge and spin it to his liking. There's like 20 threads like this from him now.

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
=Vector= said:
Lastly, epic has done a ****ty job so far marketing this game and just getting the word out in general that it even exists so everything is just pure speculation on the media's part, in other words take everything with a grain of salt.

So far i think, considering how early it is in the games production we've seen quite a lot of it.

DeathBooger

Malcolm's Sugar Daddy
Sep 16, 2004
I just read what he said. It's like his battery started dying through out the post and his spelling steadily got worse through out.

Torvec

GL, HF, AND DIE!!!!
Feb 2, 2006
Southeast, USA
shadow_dragon said:
So far i think, considering how early it is in the games production we've seen quite a lot of it.

pfft...they've talked more about unreal engine 3 than they have the game itself...it's getting old (for me at least)

don't get me wrong i'm eagerly awaiting this game but epic/midway need to get out there and TELL people about this game and not let all of these misleading comments out...

MonsOlympus

May 27, 2004
Originally Posted by =Vector=
pfft...they've talked more about unreal engine 3 than they have the game itself...it's getting old (for me at least)

don't get me wrong i'm eagerly awaiting this game but epic/midway need to get out there and TELL people about this game and not let all of these misleading comments out...

Well considering the amount of discussion on this forum I get the impression alot of people know about it already and If they dont they will do by the time it launches. I recently found out UC2 had a commercial done by blur, I never knew this, probably because it wasnt played here in aus. Maybe we can expect something similar from ut2k7, you never know.

I guess for me Id rather know not enough that too much, hl2 was a real let down for me because Id seen all the e3 clips, they were put on my fav games mag here. After the 4th or 5th one I kinda gave up watching them because I knew itd ruin the game. Now epic havent released much info but how much is finalised, as if any of us know...

Dont forget one of the things said about gears is that its good because there is no preconceptions about the game and epic dont have to worry about player backlash which is a very good reason for not giving out any major details or fully solid info until the demo is released...
[/my2cents]

DeathBooger

Malcolm's Sugar Daddy
Sep 16, 2004
If people wait for E3 in less than 2 months I'm sure we'll get a healthy update. If they don't show anything new at E3, then we can all panic and start eating our shoes.

Torvec

GL, HF, AND DIE!!!!
Feb 2, 2006
Southeast, USA
MonsOlympus said:

well yeah of course everyone here would know about it, we're all die-hard unreal fans so of course we'll know everything about it...other gamers who aren't unreal fanatics don't know a lot about this game (and i've seen it in some other forums i visit) or think it won't be much different from UT2004 (which it may not be, but i don't want to speculate)...hopefully as beergut mentioned epic will pimp this bitch like crazy (showing new stuff and clarify what the game is all about), if they do that then i'll be satisfied till the game comes out...if they don't, well i'll still wait for the game reguardless...