420 patch on minimum install

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

zoziw

Dec 21, 1999
Visit site
I currently have the minimum install of UT on my hard drive. I don't notice much of a performance difference between a full and minimum install and I am trying to conserve HD space.

413 would not work at all on my system and I was wondering what kind of luck people with minimum installs are having with 420?

I am currently using 405b.

For no reason whatsoever:
K6 300
48 RAM
Voodoo3 2000
not much left of my 4 gb hard drive.

------------------

[OF]candyman

Nov 24, 1999
OHIO
www.iamapervert.com
Copy your UT system folder(only) and paste it in another place then rename it to system405 Then install the 220 patch and see what happens. if it dont work simply delete the new system folder and put your system405 folder back in UT and rename it to system. It will use about 100 meggs of space for that folder but only tempararily till you see if 220 will work for you.

Clayeth

Classic
Apr 10, 2000
Kentucky
How can you run UT with that setup? What resolution and settings are you running? Do voodoo cards make up that much of how UT runs?

I've seen people with quite a bit more powerful computers complain about very low frame rates, so I was just wondering.

zoziw

Dec 21, 1999
Visit site
What settings am I running UT at?

Just the default settings it chooses for my computer. Even though I bought the game when it first came out I only reinstalled it last week after deleting it in February.

When I first got the game I was using a 16 MB TNT card but the frame rate was so poor that I went out and got a Voodoo3 card and that made the game run very smooth when playing against bots.

Strange thing though... When I had my TNT card installed both this game and Q3A would not connect to multiplayer games properly. With UT I would connect to a map and be able to move around but could not see the other players and could not pick up any items. With Q3A it would frequently get stuck on "Awaiting Snapshot". When I got the Voodoo card both of these problems went away and I can't explain why.

Even though I am playing Q3A below the minimum specs the game runs better on my system then UT (better frame rate in both single and multiplayer). Even though I have a cable modem my ping and fps in UT multiplayer creates more of a slideshow then an actual game. UT is the only multiplayer game I have had a problem with (both before and after cable) and I don't know why, maybe the RAM.

zoziw