getting more new players

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Vega-don

arreté pour detention de tomate prohibée
Mar 17, 2003
Paris suburbs
Visit site
i read a post in weed forum about getting new players and i found a way of getting them

many old timers of inf dont have a clue that theires still people playing inf, dtas, tdm with new weapons.

i was thinkin we could post screenshots regulary of the games

but i have no idea which websites our target visit
:eek:

or maybe emailing for the old timers
get a chain of mails

Vega-don

Mar 17, 2003
Paris suburbs
Visit site
thats a good idea. make the news of the site a open thing like wikipedia where people can post some screenshots of last day match/ practice

and tell a story of the match/ anectode

Vega-don

Mar 17, 2003
Paris suburbs
Visit site
i was thinking about something updated regulary that show some screens of random playing, to display the fun of online gaming and its spirit

if its just 1 news , thats pointless.

it could be outside of inf website in addition

sir_edmond

In my own world
Aug 12, 2003
Boston
Visit site
Here is a ton of work idea.

1) we, with the permission of sentry studios, realease a comunity version of the game.
We can start by intergragting the many mutator patches strain into the game.
2) And with the assorted mutators, with permission, we can included then all in one UMOD. With the base game install.
3) Release it on a well traficed sight, and hope people are sill interested in such an old engine.

Death Touch

Dec 7, 2003
geogob said:
Maybe remove the bad news on the Infiltration home page and put some better news, perhaps a community update/status or what ever. Anything that shows something is going on.

Usually, when I get to a page and read "bad news, the project is dead", I go away.

That's basically it in a nutshell. Essentially for all intents and puproses the Mod is somewhat dead...

YrczaQ

Infiltration Player
Jan 18, 2006
DM-Inf-Radzymin
Another idea. Many of us for sure play in another games and visit other forums. We may post on other forums and invite ppl to play Inf. For example i can post on best (and bigest) polish unreal forum and invite people to try play Inf. Many of them still remember how to play...

sry for english

Lemon.fr

SkaarjFruit
Oct 28, 2003
France, Cannes
Visit site
Death Touch said:
That's basically it in a nutshell. Essentially for all intents and puproses the Mod is somewhat dead...

Maybe SS development is dead, but INF2.9 and its players are not...

It's like for the classic UT, project is dead but did you browse the UT servers recently ? tons of :)

Edit: And that's what SS should see, "Bad News" is a SS development news, not an INF2.9 news...INF2.9 is a piece of art, the best Mod, total conversion i ever seen for UT. So maybe they should separate INF2.9 and "SS future projects" on this website.

Last edited:

smeerkat

Hello, old friend...
Mar 10, 2001
Canada
www.kens.net
Hi Lemon,

When I saw you on the server, we were playing an H.P. Lovecraft map (Dunwich, I believe). When the next map came up, I got booted. I don't know if it was a file mismatch, or something else? :(

Lemon.fr

SkaarjFruit
Oct 28, 2003
France, Cannes
Visit site
Hi Smeerkat,
You should post in the proper forum...
General Protection Fault ? A box that says Inf crashed ?
Retry if it does each time and note what it says, maybe it's a known problem, else i couldn't help :)