DM-Giero Released

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Like eye-candy? Sure you do.

Well if you're looking for something new and you've got the hardware to throw at it, David 'thnatic' Marquis has released DM-Giero, a map styled after none and featuring lots of movers a la DM-Redkin. Also, like the aforementioned map, David has assigned detail correctly so that you can dial things down if your PC begins to perform a slideshow. And now... the screenies:

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
www.unrealized-potential.com
Good looking map.
Havent played against any bots yet as havent had time, will check back later for that.
Seems well optimised as Manticore said.

One complaint, the smoke emitters dont look good, some of them have particles spinning really fast which looks odd, and that along with missing fade out/in times makes some of them look really rushed.

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
It's pretty, I like the colors, but it runs poorly and is not really great on gameplay. Just my $0.02.

klasnic

ra ra rat Putin!
Jan 24, 2004
Waterford, Ireland
Admittedly this has some very nice visuals and makes a refreshing change from Rankin clones. The lighting for me is questionable though as players are rendered very dull looking on the map. Some of the ambient sound was way too loud imho (ala Hydro64). Gameplay was fine though and kudos to the author for the work that must have gone into it. :)