AM2 postponed to June 3rd

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Rukee

Coffee overclocks the overclocker!!
May 15, 2001
Over here!!!
Visit site
I think it`s going to be awhile before AM2 takes off like s939 did, I just don`t see enough of a performance gain (if any) over the currant a64 platforms. Maybe after they go with DDR3, we`ll see.

Twrecks

Spectacularly Lucky
Mar 6, 2000
In Luxury
www.twrecks.info
The main driver seems to be DDR-800 support, which wasn't incorperated in the sample chips distributed o_O

Big concern is the production drop off of 939 pin CPU's by Q1 07. By the time any real price reduction hits, they will nolonger be available.

Also, Vista requires HD audio, which the new AM2 mobo's carry, dunno if there's manufacturers gearing up for add on cards for ppl who have X2 mobo's? AM2's are supposed to have better performance under Vista is what I hear, plus the whole DDR2 thang :)