Cant connect to internet

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

evlj0n

Nov 27, 2005
Santa Ana, CA
Ok so a couple of days ago I moved my computer from the livingroom to my room. I disconnected everything and reconnected it in my room. All of a sudden I could not get a connection to the internet. I have DSL by the way. I am using my Ethernet on the motherboard. On the front of the DSL modem there are four lights, First and second are on and fourth shouls be on too, but the fourth one doesnt turn on. It is the ethernet light. I have SBC yahoo DSL. I tried using a separate Ethernet card and got the same results. Could it be the modem, I am really stuck here. I dont want to send for someone to fix this if I can do it myself. Everything is connected right too. What a bitch this has been. No internet, no UT2k4 :(

I am using work computer, to post

Last edited:

evlj0n

Nov 27, 2005
Santa Ana, CA
Anybody have any idea or suggestions on how to fix this. I mean, all I did was move the computer from one place to the other. I just bought this computer about two months ago from alienware, so I dont think these should be anything wrong with it yet.

daloonie

sex boobs nude
Feb 7, 2004
Denmark
www.daloonie.com
Have you checked that your settings are fine? Like IP adress and stuff like they were before? And if there is connection to the router/switch/gateway?

Could be alot of things.

Deathmaker

Balanced
Mar 29, 2001
Manchester, England.
If you haven't changed any settings then it has to be either the connections or the cable; check all the plugs are secure, check the cable or try another one if you have a spare.

Dano-o

Mar 12, 2006
Ok. first we need to see if you can "see" the router or modem(whatever you are connected to) with your pc.
Go to START
RUN
type in cmd hit enter
typr in ipconfig hit enter

if your ip says 0.0.0.0, do next step. If not, your pc isnt seeing its NIC.
Type in ipconfig /renew
if it comes up with an IP address other than 0's, you should be O.K. If not, you are not recieving a dhcp address and much more needs to be done.