FragBU more maps?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Do we need more maps?

• Yes, more maps!

Votes: 13 61.9%
  • No, keep the same maps.

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • No, less maps!

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Maps? Who needs maps?

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters

Nereid

・ ω ・
Apr 15, 2003
Vancouver
Are we going to get the Mega Pack on Vipers? Also a few of the old AS maps we had would be nice (Acatana, Thrust-v2, Vindication were a few, I think.)

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Yes. The Mega Pack needs to be added, if only for the Assault maps and the other version of Concentrate. Aren't there any good large TDM maps besides Goose?

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
hal said:
Aren't there any good large TDM maps besides Goose?
Judging by what's be reviewed at Insite during the life of UT2004... No. :)

Actually, I suppose these may work, but maybe not.

BlizzXL - Probably pretty bad for TDM, but it's fairly large at least.
Drathi - Guess it's good enough. This will almost certainly be camped with lightning by m&ms and crew.
Fractionary - Not that good, but oh well. What else have we got to work with?
Souvenir - Don't remember exactly how big this is, but it's a remake of Malevolence that is definitely quite a bit bigger than the original.

Seriously, though, there are no good TDM maps out there. :(

ShakeZula

Nov 9, 2005
Cheshire, England
It would be cool to have a 1on1 option, and DM-1on1-Lea_ESWC2K5 :)

Other than that, eww no, there's already too many that I don't have :( But only because I'm too lazy and stubborn to download the right packs ;)

btw Waisten and Saiko are quite big/good? I dunno actually, I only ever play those maps at FragBU so I get sort of a biased opinion about them. If the maps were actually bundled with sarcastic TS casts then yeah.

Last edited:

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Oh, yeah. That reminds me. Waisten-Fix!!! Not only will it stop Waisten from ever crashing the server again but the weapon/item placement has been adjusted so the map plays a bit better.

Saiko is not good for large TDM, and some would argue that it is not good for anything. I find it enjoyable for smaller matches, mainly because I enjoy a good spam match.

If anything, a lot of the maps need to be removed. Many of the CBP1/2 and UCMP1/2 are pretty worthless.

daloonie

sex boobs nude
Feb 7, 2004
Denmark
www.daloonie.com
Saiko is one of the funniest maps IMO on the server. Good for a small 3v3 or even 4v4 TDM matches once in a while and I really like it.

Anyways do we even play half of the maps on the server as it is now?

t2a, BlizzXL isn't that good imho. It has some nice visuals but that's probably it, I wouldn't vote it in @ FragBU. My oppinion.

Taleweaver

Wandering spirit
May 11, 2004
Off course
I don't really see the point of adding new maps if the trend of replaying the same maps over and over continues. I agree there were some mentionable exceptions this weekend (I actually enjoyed how that game of DM-Phobos2 went...and can anyone give me a profound argument against DM-CBP1-Ougaldwin?), but most of the time it's Goose, Goliath or Osiris. :hmm:

T2A said:
Souvenir - Don't remember exactly how big this is, but it's a remake of Malevolence that is definitely quite a bit bigger than the original.
It's about *this* big
\me spreads arms about the size of DM-Souvenir

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site
Actual in-game chat: ;)

PlayerA - I'm tired of playing the same maps
PlayerB - Yeah, we need play play some different maps
PlayerC - OMG!!! If I play DM-SameOldMap one more time.....

PlayerD votes for DM-Random_Never-Played_Map

PlayerB - OMG!!! That map suxxors!!!
PlayerA - Yeah, my fps drops to 60 on one spot on that map
PlayerC - I've never played that map

PlayerA vote for DM-SameOldMap
PlayerB vote for DM-SameOldMap
PlayerC vote for DM-SameOldMap

nuttella

Scare
Nov 19, 2004
Taleweaver said:
I don't really see the point of adding new maps if the trend of replaying the same maps over and over continues. I agree there were some mentionable exceptions this weekend (I actually enjoyed how that game of DM-Phobos2 went...and can anyone give me a profound argument against DM-CBP1-Ougaldwin?), but most of the time it's Goose, Goliath or Osiris. :hmm:

I really like Ougaldwin (we played it again last night, and I hope we play it more). But Phobos2? That game was awful. Still, you're right that there are lots of maps we never play that might be fun as well. Lately I've been looking at the "count" in Map vote and voting maps with the lowest numbers. That was why i voted for DM-Rrajigar the other day, and now we've played it three times in two days (only the first was my fault.) Despite the snaggy terrain, they were good games.

People seem to be afraid to vote for unfamiliar maps. But adding new maps may pique their curiosity enough to get something different voted in, so I'm for it.