Illumination Occluding Crash

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

virgo47

Waiting for next UT
Jul 5, 2005
Bratislava, Slovakia
members.clanci.net
I googled it and I'm not the first one with this problem but I can't figure out solution. I have boxy brush, and when I want to build geometry, first progress bar pass finishes and in the middle of the second pass ("Illumination Occluding") editor just vanishes away. I move brush somewhere else and build works. No matter if it is just geometry build or full rebuild, always crashes on that second pass.

I need the brush on THAT place and I'm a little bit desperade. I ran into this problem before, but I just remade some brushes in other way. But here I have not so many options. And... I don't want to "hack" brushes (pure boxes in this case!) always when this happens.

Somewhere I read, that it can be light in the geometry... not my case now.

Thanks for any hint

virgo47

Waiting for next UT
Jul 5, 2005
Bratislava, Slovakia
members.clanci.net
Well it's more serious than I was afrait... from the morning I simply could not add any subtraction brush so I ended up with the solution I read somewhere - delete all lights (except few I was certain about). That helped but... is there any normal solution how to track down the problem? Maybe some light really get into geometry somewhere on the other end of the map time before (when some inner wall was build) and it did not showed up til yesterday.

Eh... I'm not sure of anything sometimes with the UEd. :)

SlipStreams_65

User Titles are Useless.
Dec 29, 2005
Kingdom of boredom
Ive heard of this problem before. You should NEVER put lights inside additive geometry. Even though the light should be blocked for some reason it can light up inside the geometry, which confuses the engine and leads to a crash.

Best thing to do then is check theres no lights in geometry. You could try adding a new brush, or possibly using a semisolid.

virgo47

Waiting for next UT
Jul 5, 2005
Bratislava, Slovakia
members.clanci.net
I was not sure it was a ligth, but it turned out so appearently. I will stop to use "temporary" lights because they like to get into later added geometry. :) Bad bad lights.

But still... really stupid way how Editor telsl it to the user. ;-)