UT2004 - New Model - Tyrant by Hide

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

What do you think of Tyrant?

• Great!

Votes: 11 91.7%
  • Meh

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Bad

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Random Elite

Put your feet up and frag.
Jul 9, 2005
Earth
Skin/Model Name: Tyrant
UT(99/2k3/2k4): UT2004
System Requirements: Latest version of UT2004 (including the ECE pack)
Author(s): Hide
Download: http://skincity.beyondunreal.com/?section=models&action=show_infos&id=528
[screenshot]http://skincity.beyondunreal.com/src/img_models/pic2_id528.jpg[/screenshot]

Model: Based on Gen Mo' Kai
Animation: Original
Voice: Deeper-pitched male GMK voice (no additional voice pack required)
Other: WIP Thread

Support (SP/MP/Both): Both
Support (Team Colours) (None/2/4): All 4 Team Colours
Custom Bio: Yes
Type of Installation: Manual
Known Issues: Some older video cards may not display the shielding effects properly.

REVIEW

One of Hide's best models to date, and perhaps the start of a prehistoric army!

The Good

Hide, that mad modeler with the skills to match his imagination, is back again with another unique warrior. Lets take a deeper look...

With armour devised from the Kou Ryuu robotic dragon, Tyrant's suit has a number of energy shields attached, and it comes in multiple versions: Left side only (only 2 shields, his left arm and his left leg, are active), no shields (does what it says on the tin) and full shields (this one has the most defense, and I'd recommend this one for playing as). His other abilities are: Gen Mo' Kai-like speed (helped no-end by the thruster pack he uses), the ability to use Beserk with only 20 adrenaline when critically wounded, and as he's a Tyrannosuar of somekind, he's pretty heavy, helpful to combat Abyss's gravity attack.
And of course, bright chrome like KouRyuu isn't going to be very useful in the battlefield, so he has camouflage similar to KouRyuuC.

The TC's are simple but effective, with the shields, their generators, and Tyrant's targeting headset changing colour for each of the 4 teams.

The Bad

The only thing I can find bad with this is the bad team colours for the no-shield version, as you can barely see them. The is a small ring of TC around the generator, and that's it.
Also, if your video card is not displaying the shields properly, look in the latter 3 pages of the WIP thread and the answer should lie there. I haven't experienced this personally, but a couple of forum members have. If you have a Nvidia 5200 or equal you'll be fine.

The Bottom Line:

As with most of Hide's creations, you cannot afford not to have this on your PC. Download it now, install it, play with it, love it.

TOTAL SCORE 9.5/10

Last edited:

Silent Kill

Feb 17, 2006
good work man i see potential of you,
get one made for like tuesday when im going to mod my unreal to the max!

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
Thirded! Welcome to the board Silent Kill :wavey:

This model is really great, congratulations to hide for this masterpiece of modelling :tup:

And congrats to RE for his first and real nice review :)

A rocking Total Score of 8.75/10 from me

LeGeNDaRy

Bleed Black
Apr 28, 2005
day-graveyard.com
Hide said:
Thank you for nice review, Random Elite. :)

What will I next make?
Spinosaurus? Giganotosaurus? Purusaurus? or Pteranodon?

Something without shields or that piece of glass near their eyes.. =(
They don't work for me..

Last edited:

MadCat

Prehistoric Power
This one is a great model to use.
First the shields didn't worked for me either. But thatnks to my brothers new videocard, it works.
Actually, there's nothing wrong on this model in my opinion.
That's also why I slaughter all the bots with him. His speed mutator really enjoy me.
Like all other models of you hide, this one sure rock. Thanks a lot :)

MadCat

Prehistoric Power
Thanks everyone. I've never met such a warm welcome on a forum ever :)

You know what I like more of Tyrant? His swimming move.
It has something of a crocodile in that move.
And the glass in front of his eye reminds me on the scouters of Dragonball Z
The good old times.