PayPal scam... watch out!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Nebel

Aloof
Apr 28, 2001
Around
We regret to inform you that this account has been locked.
To unlock your account please follow the link below and complete all the steps.

http://www.paypal.com.login-page.info

Please Note:
If your account informations are not updated within the next 72 hours, then we will assume this account is fraudulent and your account will be deleted.

Message 2023

Problem Description:

Suspicious account behavior possible account theft

PayPal Corp.
PayPal Account Review Department
I almost fell for it. I thought something about the address was fishy, so I just went directly to paypal.com to login, and once I did... there was no mention of any troubles with my account.

I showed those bastards!

Nachimir

Crony of Stilgar
Aug 13, 2001
Shelf Adventure.
Me too as far as phishing emails go, but this one is better than most because the way they've faked the URL will probably fool more people than the average PayPal scam.

Nebel

Aloof
Apr 28, 2001
Around
What got me was: I never, ever receive e-mail that's not from people I know / services I signed up for. Never before, on this account, have I received any kind of spam of phishing. Not sure how they found me...

OO7MIKE

Mr. Sexy
May 2, 2000
Nalicity, NC
I think everyone has recieved these recently.
I've been getting them every week for the last month.

Except they are talking about me adding some email address to my account. "to approve this email address, click here" and then it points to some other address.

I'm sure paypal is doing what it can to combat these folks.

Evil_Cope

For the Win, motherfather!
Aug 24, 2001
I get ****loads of these, for a while now. Basically if it isn't remotely obvious (and after a dozen, even the best i know before opening even. :) ), then i just see where it's sent to. If it's been forwarded from my university email, it's definately phishing.
****ing university mail has no filtering, i swear. :lol:
Yeah, anyway, basically ignore everything that A) wants you to confirm ANYTHING
B) mentions a bank account, even in passing
C)Claims to be an official mail from, say, amazon, or etc, and includes the phrase about "using your registered name to prove the mail is genuine" then doesn't actually mention the name itself.

Phishing is the new spam.

QUALTHWAR

Baitshop opening soon.
Apr 9, 2000
Nali City, Florida
web.tampabay.rr.com
I delete all my stuff on the server of my ISP. It doesn't even get downloaded to my PC. In fact, i don't use Outlook Express. I just view and reply to mail directly on the server. My filtering tool is "me." I don't have to worry if my filtering tool is working properly or not.

As you can see, i get this paypal scam, and idiots trying to sell me meds and whatever else they can think of just to get me to click on their email.

Attachments

• paypal.jpg
    paypal.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 14

QUALTHWAR

Baitshop opening soon.
Apr 9, 2000
Nali City, Florida
web.tampabay.rr.com
This is what I love about the Internet. I have all these friendly people who want to say hello and who are concerned about me. Concerned about my erections, whether or not I’m paying too much for meds, career news from people who have no idea if I really ever went to college or am a professional, people who crack me up because their subject line makes no sense or has gross spelling errors, or folks who don’t know me but can’t wait to chat with their “buddy.” Yep, gotta love that ol’ Internet.

Attachments

• spam.jpg
    spam.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 8

VeNN

-Power Tie-
Sep 26, 2004
www.quadshot.com
i have "hotsexynatalie" emailing me all the time. she said she saw my 'profile' on the internet and that i am "hot". as much as i would love a cute russian girl to be trying to hook up with me, something tells me it might be a scam..... i think it's that i never posted a "profile".