SP framework (hey Parser, I need you!!)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Joebo3

The Master Baiter
Feb 9, 2006
A magical land. A.K.A. Ohio
Ok myself and a guy i know, are creating a sp mod for ut2004, and I'm using the sp framework. However I am having some issues. What is the special playerstart actor required for single player maps? I cannot find it in the Unrealed for SP actor tree. What is it called? Please respond Parser by either posting a response or emailing me at ffmonkeyguy@sbcglobal.net.

IronMonkey

Moi?
Apr 23, 2005
Scotland
www.margrave.myzen.co.uk
Joebo3 said:
Ok myself and a guy i know, are creating a sp mod for ut2004, and I'm using the sp framework. However I am having some issues. What is the special playerstart actor required for single player maps? I cannot find it in the Unrealed for SP actor tree. What is it called? Please respond Parser by either posting a response or emailing me at ffmonkeyguy@sbcglobal.net.
You should probably have posted here:

http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=162936

I suspect* that the answer to your question is in the FAQ at the top of the thread:

Parser said:
Q. When I place a PlayerStart in my map and then attempt to play, I can't spawn! What gives?

A. Because of the checkpoint system (and the Engine's stubbornness with bStatic), you must use the SPPlayerStart actor (subclassed under PlayerStart) instead. The difference is that these can be manipulated to form the basis of the checkpoint system.

*I haven't tried it myself