XMP-LastRites-Redux.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

PRG

XMP Beta Tester
Nov 11, 2003
Visit site
I'm considering doing a new version of LastRites using some of my UTXMP work.
I'm trying to get back in the swing of things mapping wise and this seems agood place to start. The original never got the attention it deserved from me. It seemed to play well although frame rates could be rough. Planning on redoing a few layout things outside to improve gameflow and up the frame rates a bit. Then use the base innards from the as yet unreleased UTXMP redo/port. Lastly, try to improve build quality a bit.

Anyone have any thoughts on this? Like the original, hate the original? Would it get played? etc...

Whitey

[pet]flamingo
Jul 1, 2005
hmm...I think you should go through with it too. I always liked the map. The only things that bothered me were some framerate issues. If you've got the time and energy... Cool man. and don't listen to him asking for underground passages...

PRG

XMP Beta Tester
Nov 11, 2003
Visit site
garbage said:
hmm i really cant come up what this map looks like, tho im quite sure ive played it couple of times.. perhaps u could give a screenie to polish up my memories?

http://nalicity.beyondunreal.com/map_hub.php?mid=7602

Screenshot and download.

Whitey said:
hmm...I think you should go through with it too. I always liked the map. The only things that bothered me were some framerate issues. If you've got the time and energy... Cool man. and don't listen to him asking for underground passages...

I'm thinking I can get a @%10 rise in frame rates. With a little preliminary tinkering, it's running at 65-115 fps on my athlon 2500 and 6600gt.. I'm not sure how this compares to originally running as I my 9700pro crapped out on me end of 2004. Generally, I have only seen a @10 fps gain from 9700pro to the 6600gt in most U2 maps(ie. 70 to 80fps on Garden..) This begs another question. Given the hardware requirements for U2 are still SOMEWHAT on the steep side, how many are still using cards with lower capabilities than say a 9700pro?

Last edited:

dutch_gecko

Think Pink
Jun 16, 2004
www.dutch-gecko.co.uk
PRG said:
http://nalicity.beyondunreal.com/map_hub.php?mid=7602

Screenshot and download.

I'm thinking I can get a @%10 rise in frame rates. With a little preliminary tinkering, it's running at 65-115 fps on my athlon 2500 and 6600gt.. I'm not sure how this compares to originally running as I my 9700pro crapped out on me end of 2004. Generally, I have only seen a @10 fps gain from 9700pro to the 6600gt in most U2 maps(ie. 70 to 80fps on Garden..) This begs another question. Given the hardware requirements for U2 are still SOMEWHAT on the steep side, how many are still using cards with lower capabilities than say a 9700pro?
My box back home is an old athlon 1800+ with a geforce 3. This one is firewalled until next autumn :(

GotBeer?

The nozzle is now calibrating
Mar 10, 2004
57th State
PRG, don't go away yet. I'd like to see an improved LastRites. And to answer your videocard question: I have a GF4 4200ti 128mb. Averaging most maps, I get a whopping 30fps @1024x768.

Whitey

[pet]flamingo
Jul 1, 2005
Sorry we F*cked up your thread man.. Sh*t happens, c'mon back give it one more chance.

CrazyLittleOne

Mar 27, 2004
Attached to this post is some ss' of bugs.
Also a few things that bug me:
The pipes in the bases make it harder to get around
Move your picture to another location for people to find
I personally don't like the turrets on the bases but they can stay since you provided cover with the rocks
The base design is nice but cramped

That's about it.

Attachments

• Shot00052.JPG
    Shot00052.JPG
    131.5 KB · Views: 20
  • Shot00048.JPG
    Shot00048.JPG
    125 KB · Views: 21
  • Shot00049.JPG
    Shot00049.JPG
    168.8 KB · Views: 22
  • Shot00051.JPG
    Shot00051.JPG
    144.5 KB · Views: 21

PRG

XMP Beta Tester
Nov 11, 2003
Visit site
Interesting.. 2 of those aren't visible for me... The holes are a problem with the u2 engine really... Rampant has the same bugs really..

XMP.Arc

+-aka Arcturus, HalcYoN, goBOT etc-+
prg-
LastRites 1.x (improved version) would be cool. i always considered it a good mid fighting map that with improved framerate and a few tweaks could show off quite nice.
instead of underground nrg as suggested try placing a mountaintop energy...could be interesting

Last edited:

CrazyLittleOne

Mar 27, 2004
I think you still need to do something to improve fps. Adding more fog or something may do it. Not sure though. The fps rape was a big problem with it from what I can remember.

Whitey

[pet]flamingo
Jul 1, 2005
}Bb{Kirby said:
I think you still need to do something to improve fps. Adding more fog or something may do it. Not sure though. The fps rape was a big problem with it from what I can remember.
Exactly! For some of us who's computers are what some would call..."Less than wonderful BEFORE it got hit with a bat" The Framerate could get downright horrible at times. Any framerate improvements whatsoever would be a wonderful thing.