Laptop Harddrive choice?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Mr. UglyPants

2007 never existed, it was all a dream.
Aug 22, 2005
Canada... eh
I'm soon going to buy a laptop, i want storage plus good preformance (cost is very puny amount), i'm stuck between two configurations,

1- total storage is 200 Gigabytes (2x100Gb) at 7200 rpm or 2- total storage 240 Gigabytes (2x120) at 5400 rpm! My laptop will have a 2 Gb of ram!! and both sets are in Raid 0!!

I want the 240 gig one but i don't know if its gonna really slow down game loading speeds or not?

Syri

Who are you calling short?
Aug 18, 2000
Nottingham, England
personally, i'd go for the 7200 rpm. you're losing 40gb, well, more like 35gb if you take file system overheads into account. and the extra speed does make a big difference, not just in load times, but also in virtual memory usage etc