Best xhair pack ever.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

BooGiTyBoY

The ImPaCt-DaMpeNeD BooGeRaToR
Yeah this may be old... but dammit it's NEW to me!

Stumbled upon Wormbo's Tournament Xhair pack the other day and honestly I'll never download another custom xhair after this. Hell I think I'll even refuse to play 2k4 anymore without it!

All 15 crosshairs are uber-easy to spot on any map I've played so far (light or dark). If you are tired of using the stock xhairs, need something a little easier to pick out from the maps backround, or if you are a quake-a-holic like me and have always wanted Q3 style xhairs in your 2k4.... then definitely check this pack out.

Wormbo's Home-Page

[screenshot]http://www.jumpinjuggernuts.com/boog/wxhair.jpg[/screenshot]

Nunchuk_Skillz

May 18, 2005
I've been using the mCrs 01 Dot for quite awhile now, but every once in awhile I get the urge (misguided, I might add :D) to change things up and try a new crosshair. That always totally screws me up for a few days as I initially like the new xhair, start to get used to it, then realize I'm not as accurate with it as I am with the dot, then go back to the dot and spend several hours trying to get used to tha one again. :D

Doesn't stop me from doing that about every 2-3 months, though. LOL

The worst for me is seeing those euro movies, etc., where it seems that at least a few of the top players there (like Luxxiz, for instance) use the pointer. I've tried that one a few times and while I like the idea of it (actually seeing your target as you fire rather than having them hidden behind a dot or whatever), I've found that over time, I'm less accurate with it. I also find that I lose it a little easier in fast action since it doesn't have a black outline the way my dot does.

That said, I'll probably try another one again in another month or so and furtehr screw myself up. :D

Fuzzle

spam noob
Jan 29, 2006
Norway
Thanks, I like the upper right one, gonna put that on my link and mini :D
I believe the 2 first ones are higher res versions of the stock ones.

I'm still using some dude's (I forgot his name heh) slightly animated xhairs. He made a flashing colour/white dot with a black border (The colour blends with the colour you adjust it to in settings, my LG flashes green/yellow and my sniper rifle flashes red/purple), and a dual-toned slightly animated L (rotated clockwise of course) for my shock rifle.

BooGiTyBoY

Yeah the first 2 brackets are stock... but they have shaded/black areas on them (which are hard to see in the screenshot) which makes them way easier to see in-game.

Q3 Xhair ftw!!! I use the top right one in the screenshot for pretty much every weapon now, just colored differently for each gun :D. FOund I zot rather well with the one to the left as it as well for my LG. :D

Fuzzle

spam noob
Jan 29, 2006
Norway
I just installed them and had a look, they're a lot higher resolution than the stock ones so they look nice and crisp compared.

Is it possible to "force-replace" the vehicle crosshair in any way?

BooGiTyBoY

Fuzzle said:
Is it possible to "force-replace" the vehicle crosshair in any way?

Go into your game settings....

Under the weapons tab, uncheck the "Use Custom Crosshairs" box

Set the crosshair to what you'd like as the default/vehicle xhair.

Re-Check "Use Custom Crosshairs" to go back to the ones you use for your weapons.

Now whenever you hop in a vehicle or watch a demo, you will see the xhair you selected with the box unchecked.

Fuzzle

spam noob
Jan 29, 2006
Norway
BooGiTyBoY said:
Go into your game settings....

Under the weapons tab, uncheck the "Use Custom Crosshairs" box

Set the crosshair to what you'd like as the default/vehicle xhair.

Re-Check "Use Custom Crosshairs" to go back to the ones you use for your weapons.

Now whenever you hop in a vehicle or watch a demo, you will see the xhair you selected with the box unchecked.

Sweet thanks.

Don't spose it's possible to change the big green outer "unobstructed shot" indicator as well? That thing is so damn ugly, and it's even off-center.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
I don't really like anything in this pack. The crosses are too thin and have to be set too big to be visible. I suppose the circle ones might be good for rox or flak, but I may just stick with the retail ones like I have been.

dc

Aug 17, 2005
crosshair.jpg
> *

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
That's about what DC posted. No Xtreme/useless looking crossairs. And this purple dot helps my aim quite nough.

Fuzzle

spam noob
Jan 29, 2006
Norway
Hmm. I'm using hidden weapons but I'm still getting it. I tried switching between left/right/center just to check and didn't notice any difference (Unless I had to restart the game to update it or something).

Someone posted a cool guide here on setting up different xhairs to each individual vehicles and even changing the obstruction indicator. But I cant find anything on it being off-center.

dc

Aug 17, 2005
i used to fix the off center in 2k3 by changing player hand from hidden to something to hidden again. i havent tried it in 2k4.