EuroCup Finals! kiLLu v ScrMz!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Dirdmister

Apr 12, 2004
Birmingham, England
dirdmister.bravehost.com
As the Clanbase's UT2004 1v1 EuroCup comes to a close we have yet to crown a champion. The fight for the title of Europe's best dueller will take place between ScrMz! and kiLLu.

ScrMz! and kiLLu both finished top of their groups, each only losing one game during it. When the playoffs arrived this is how it turned out: -

Quarterfinals
kiLLu > ecko! 2-0 (15-3, 7-6)
ScrMz! > skew 2-0 (21-2, 28-7)

Semifinals
kiLLu > luxxiz 2-0 (10-0, 11-4)
ScrMz! > roBBe 2-1 (8-12, 10-3, 16-4)

I managed to get a hold of both players again and asked them a couple of questions. I started by asking how well they expected to do in this cup intially: -

tek9|ScrMz! said:
No, i really didn't expect i would come this far, but after each match i improved my game, i predicted, before i qualified that i would be top 4/5, now ending top 2 100% feels really good, since i lost robbe last grandslam in (quarterfinals?) i thought i would lose it, but it seems i really improved my game alot, especially movement, so no totally unexpect.
mouz|kiLLu said:
My aim was to reach one of the podium positions. But since I focused on quake4 it would have been okay for me not to get top 3. After passing the group stage almost without any practise, now, I do really want to win the final.

I then went on to ask how they think the upcoming game will go: -

tek9|ScrMz! said:
I think it will definately be a though match to win, but im very motivated for this final, so ill practise hard for it to win it, really got no idea of kiLLu's style, played him last week twice but fooled around so really got no idea of who will win.
mouz|kiLLu said:
I suppose the match to be like an exciting final with chances for both to win it. But as I said before, I want to grab my second Eurocup title in a row.

The winner of the match will receive $250 and the title of EuroCup XII - UT2004 1on1 DM Champion, the runnerup will receive $150. With the release of UT2007 gradually approaching this will most likely be the last major tournament for the game so lets hope it's one to remember!

Time of match
21:00CET (20:00GMT) Sunday 05/02/2006

UTV & shoutcast
tba

Nunchuk_Skillz

May 18, 2005
Ummmm... there's this little thing called the Super Bowl (and Super Bowl parties :D). Can someone post a link to demos once it's all done? I'd be interested to watch them to see how different they are from luxxiz vs. killu.

Defeat

GET EM WITH THE BACKSMACK WOOOOO
Apr 2, 2005
Illinois
www.google.com
>For me: UT2004 match betwen two good people > anything SuperBowl. I can' wait to see how this turns out though, anyone better than me is worth watching for me.

Last edited:

Nunchuk_Skillz

May 18, 2005
I'm not worried about the game so much. It's the party I don't want to miss. And there are no downloadable demos for a good party yet, so... :p

CyMek

Dead but not gone.
Jan 4, 2004
cymek.deviantart.com
Nunchuk_Skillz said:
I'm not worried about the game so much. It's the party I don't want to miss. And there are no downloadable demos for a good party yet, so... :p

PM me for some warezed party links, and then get RK's party-goer. It makes for a great time!

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Had to rename all of the demos to get rid of the spaces. :rolleyes:

Anyhow, pretty decent matchup. Lea was pretty intense up until the last 1:00. Rankin was pretty nice once scrmz turned the tables on kiLLu and got very aggressive.