FragBU Team Symbols Pack RELEASEDED

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
Would it make a difference to download them? Or does it just need to be on the server?

_Lynx

Strategic Military Services
Staff member
Dec 5, 2003
Moscow, Russia
beyondunreal.com
Olga, sorry to disappoint you, but with the current version you will have problem with displaying logos on the flags and monitors. You imported logos as 24bit or 32bit image, while you should have saved them as grayscale BMP and then import into editor with "masked" & "no mip-maps" options enabled. I already tried making my logo pack and ran into the same problem.

CyMek

Dead but not gone.
Jan 4, 2004
cymek.deviantart.com
_Lynx said:
Olga, sorry to disappoint you, but with the current version you will have problem with displaying logos on the flags and monitors. You imported logos as 24bit or 32bit image, while you should have saved them as grayscale BMP and then import into editor with "masked" & "no mip-maps" options enabled. I already tried making my logo pack and ran into the same problem.

Really? The pack works fine for me, at any rate.

_Lynx

Strategic Military Services
Staff member
Dec 5, 2003
Moscow, Russia
beyondunreal.com
At first i did via 32bit TGA with "Use alpha channel" option, but on the wall monitors, say f.e. on CTF-Chrome UT had problems with rendering the symbols - some parts of the backgrounds were rendered as if they were part of logo.

CyMek

Dead but not gone.
Jan 4, 2004
cymek.deviantart.com
_Lynx said:
Heh, did that all. DXT 5 is the only resonable format for such textures since other DXTs don't support the alpha.

DXT3 supports alpha - either black or white. Isn't that all you need for the symbols?

klasnic

ra ra rat Putin!
Jan 24, 2004
Waterford, Ireland
DXT1 supports 1 Bit alpha too if you use nVidia DXT compression plugins for Photoshop ;) (It's no bigger than DXT1 without the alpha)

DXT3 supports more alpha and DXT5 more again though I doubt you'll really ever need to use DXT5 unless it's for something uberly spectacular :D

CyMek

Dead but not gone.
Jan 4, 2004
cymek.deviantart.com
klasnic said:
DXT3 supports more alpha and DXT5 more again though I doubt you'll really ever need to use DXT5 unless it's for something uberly spectacular :D

Or for something that's uberly specular. :p It's really useful for making specularity masks for shiny textures that aren't shiny everywhere, or aren't very shiny, just glistening.