PDA

View Full Version : 2k4 maps in 2k3

=IRON=CORAX
29th Jan 2006, 06:34 AM
Hello, I'm new here, so first of all I would like to apologize for making this thread if there is a similar to this one, but unfortunately I haven't found any.

This is the 2003-compatible version of CTF-Deep from the Community Bonus Pack 2. It was built primarily for UT2003 and used no UT2004 content, so why not? :)

Here is my problem: once upon a time I discovered there is a CTF map called 'Deep' from the CBP map pack for UT2004. Later I was glad to find the same map edited so it worked in UT2003. I prefer playing 2k3 more than 2k4, but there are some great maps in 2k4 that just don't work properly in 2k3.

Are there any chances that someone could make a UT2003 compatible version of the UT2004 CTF map 'Bridge of fate' ?

Cheers.

Kantham
29th Jan 2006, 07:40 AM
Are there any chances that someone could make a UT2003 compatible version of the UT2004 CTF map 'Bridge of fate' ?

It's like asking someone to make DM-Rankin for ut2003. Get ut2004 and convert it yourself. And for the hell of it please don't upload it.

TBH i don't see why you like 2k3 more than 2k4. Especialy if you're going to play this one offline.... meh

=IRON=CORAX
29th Jan 2006, 12:55 PM
I have reasons to prefer 2k3 you know, oh and who said about playing it offline?

I will gladly do it by myself - I have UT2004, so if you could be so kind and just tell me how to convert it I would appreciative.

And don't worry, no-one's going to upload it.

Thank you for reply.

ReD_Fist
29th Jan 2006, 02:46 PM
look for using the ucc.exe command line, and find the command for converting , i believe it's like
"ucc.exe /convert DIR..mapname", but look on the net. good luck.
ut03 aint my cup of tea either, and ut04 was improved but all that acrobat dodging jumping trashed both of those games.