Christianity "too liberal" for Texans

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

OICW

Reason & Logic > Religion

TheShiningWizard

Because it's more fantastical.
Jun 26, 2000
mbs357 said:
I think there are actually some people out there who follow a religion like a fad.
It's crazy.
There are also many people who are anti-religion as a fad. See: War on Christmas.

Vega-don

arreté pour detention de tomate prohibée
Mar 17, 2003
Paris suburbs
Visit site
tomcat ha said:
Actually of all major monotheistic religions Islam is the most progressive hands down.

you cant judge islam on the analysis of the qran you make. sure you can read the qran in a certain way and say its very progressive, to support a very leftist or "liberal" point of view that tends to make of islam a big religion of peace and liberty.
but some other can read the qran and say thats a facist religion. many right winger think this way. It depends of what you want to prove.

in islam, theire is no official doctrine so that religion is what people make out of it. so if you try to analyse islam as progressive or not, you have to analyse muslim societies.

then you see that muslims are no way more progressive than christians worldwilde. they are mostly ultra conservative people, driven by their religion..

Rostam

PSN: Rostam_
May 1, 2001
Leiden, Holland
As far as I know, Islam is the only religion that acknowledges that everybody that believes in a single God will go to heaven. I'm also pretty sure you're supposed to obey the rules of your current location. But I don't know that much about it.

I don't like mass religions anyway.

TheShiningWizard

Because it's more fantastical.
Jun 26, 2000
yurch said:
Except, you know, that was just something Bill O'Reilly made up to be outraged about.
That didn't stop my "leftist" friends from deciding that hearing "Merry Christmas" infringed on their rights, some fucking how. I almost didn't give one of them a present when I said "Merry Christmas" and he replied "I'd rather you say, 'Happy Non-denominational Holiday,' please." :rolleyes: