New tourneys?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Raffi_B

Administrator
Oct 27, 2002
USA
Originally we tried doing a multiple gametype tourney, but due to many factors this was unable to proceed. Running a 1v1 tourney is much easier to coordinate and finish than a large team-based event, so these two 1v1 tourneys have been a good test to see how much interest there is in a semi-competitive event for BU.

If enough people want to bring back the full tournament, then we'll certainly think about it. We have no plans at the moment, though.

dc

Aug 17, 2005
2v2 TDM or 3v3 CTF would be alright. Anything bigger would be tough to organise

LooseCannon

... but it's not pink ... ooh yes it is!
Oct 27, 2004
Hampshire, UK
It's a nice thought totalloser and dc- but in my opinion teams larger than one player won't work. Forum'ers just aren't the type or mix of people to get matches coordinated, let alone played on time.

It you like competitive matches, look into joining a clan.

It's not a big deal to me, but I doubt very much I'd commit to anouth BuF tourney.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Well there are ways we could coordinate it, but the problem seems to be that it's hard to man more than 3 or 4 3v3 teams.

dc

Aug 17, 2005
I am sure there are plenty of people here that could pair up for a few 2v2 games