AMD AthlonX2 64 FX60 is here!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103608

Brand AMD
Series Athlon 64
Model ADAFX60CDBOX
CPU Socket Type
CPU Socket Type Socket 939
Tech Spec
Core Toledo
Name Athlon 64 FX60
Operating Frequency 2.6GHz
FSB 1GHz
L1 Cache 128KB+128KB
L2 Cache 2 x 1MB
Process Type 90 nm
Hyper-Transport Support Yes
64 bit Support Yes
Multimedia Instruction MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, 3DNOW! Professional
Voltage 1.35-1.4V
Cooling Device Heatsink and Fan
Warranty
Manufacturer Warranty 3-year warranty

I'll take 2 please.

Noobnugget

Jan 10, 2006
$1,399. wow. my current pc i built 2 years ago hasnt even costed that much with various upgrades and fixes.

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
www.unrealized-potential.com
Rukee, thought You would like one of these, some people with early examples are gettings some nice clocks on them. have seen 3.2GHz stable.

I'd loe one of these chips, but can't see myself buying one on a student wage lol

Rukee

Coffee overclocks the overclocker!!
May 15, 2001
Over here!!!
Visit site
Oh-I`d love one too, but I had all I could do to talk myself into buying this chip at half the cost of that one. Double the price for 200mhz is crazzy.
Rather then spend that much for a new chip, I think I`d rather just spend $300.00 for the new OCZ cooler when they come out and I`d prolly be doing 3.2GHz easy. Wait for a bit and sounds like they may be going for under 200 after sales get going.

Rukee

May 15, 2001
Over here!!!
Visit site
The_Head said:
Saw over on Xtreeme systems that a lot of people are worried its not gonna have a good spec (bad compresser or something).

But looking at that link that looks a nice temp.
with chilly1 doing the design work, tweaking and the gas mixxing (I don`t think it`ll run straight R134) it should make for a nice cooler for the price.

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
www.unrealized-potential.com
I doubt they will really inrease clock speeds.
Enthuesiasts will, but not AMD.
They will be working to more and more cores and more efficient execution of actions.

Clock speeds of AMD processers has barely increases since the 130nm process, maybe even before that.

With the smaller process they could but I doubt theey will, they should clock nicely though ;)

Rukee: Oh right, I'l take your word for it, I know sweet FA of how a phase change works. lol

Rukee

May 15, 2001
Over here!!!
Visit site
I don`t think they`ll increase clock speeds much either with the 65nm, just decrease the voltage more and increase the efficiency of the whole CPU.