Cooling the ram sticks

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
Hey

I have tracked a problem in my computer, to my ram stick! They cerntainly get too hot, and now I need some sort of device to cool them! Can somebody help me? I've allready been looking at some grills from Thermaltake and stuff, but do you guys know anything else, that can cool?

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
www.unrealized-potential.com
I did use bluetack for a while to hold a casefan above my chipset (its passive and was getting too hot)
But it kept fallin off, at the moment I have a bit if wire going across my case between the PCI backplate and the harddisk cage. This wire is threaded through the fan mounting holes and is held very nicely above the chipset.

A piece of string, an elastic band. Any thing like that should do the trick.

W0RF

BuF Greeter, News Bagger
Apr 19, 2002
Columbus, OH
Visit site
Heatsinks work a treat, and don't cost much, and are unobtrusive.

35-130-013-03.jpg

Last edited:

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
I checked that, no warranty! I've also tried with my brothers ram sticks! It also crashs with them, so maybe the mobo is just stupid :mad:

daloonie

sex boobs nude
Feb 7, 2004
Denmark
www.daloonie.com
Or your CPU gets too hot.

Things you should check before going out and buying anything:

CPU temperature
CPU V-Core, if it get's enough(default v-core unless you overclock)
Voltages on your PSU.
GFX if it gets too hot. Should be able to determine if it's that by changing GFX.
Run a diagnosis on your drives.

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
I tried with another gfx! But how can I take the temperature of my CPU, while running a game? And what is a PSU?

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
Uh that's true hehe! I already knew that about the PSU! I will try this stuff! Thank you

EDIT: could it be something about this? AGP bus disabled :( ?
attachment.php

Attachments

• DJOIOPLOL.JPG
    DJOIOPLOL.JPG
    60 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
Primary graphics adapter is set to AGP! My gfx card is an ATi 9100, not unboard!
What sort of setting should I be looking for in my BIOS?

Rukee

Coffee overclocks the overclocker!!
May 15, 2001
Over here!!!
Visit site
If your not overclocking or overvolting then the memory should not be hot. In the BIOS look for some voltage adjustments for DRAM or memory and see what voltage they are running at. Most DDR memory runs at 2.6-2.8v.
I see you have two diffrent size sticks too, if the motherboard is reading the first stick for the right voltage, but the voltage for that stick is higher then what the second stick uses, that could cause some heat issues too.